The Final Showdown

Nora Adler's P.O.V.

The sun was just starting to rise as I started my approach to the castle ruins. I walked with my bow in hand, ready to use it at a moments notice. The light of the sun rising behind me illuminates the ruins in golden light as I cross the clearing. I know Cal is waiting there for me, best not keep him waiting.

When I reach the ruins, Cal is standing on the far side of the courtyard with his trident in hand. "So it is down to you, and it is down to me," he says with a smirk.

"It would seem so," I reply plainly.

"Well let's get a move on then, shall we," he says, as he twirls his trident into a defensive position.

"As you wish," I say.

I, as quick as a flash, pull out an arrow and fire. He dodges it and starts running toward me. As he is passing me, he raises his trident and attempts to stab me with it, but I dodge it and roll to the side, tripping Cal with my foot. He stumbles, but doesn't fall. I quickly fire another arrow, but it misses. Cal, taking advantage of my mistake, runs up to me, rips the bow from my hand, and throws it across the courtyard.

I pull out my sword just in time to deflect his next blow. After he regains his stance he, with incredible strength, swings his trident like a club. The trident strikes me so hard in the side that I am thrown across the courtyard and I slam hard into the side of the cornucopia. I drop my sword when I make impact with the side of the cornucopia, then I fall to the ground. I land hard on my left wrist.

CRACK!

I scream in pain. I'm pretty sure I just broke my wrist. By the time I finally get into a sitting position, Cal is standing above me with a malicious smile on his face, his trident ready to strike me down.

Keeping my gaze on his face, I pull a dagger from my belt and bury it deep in his knee. He screams in pain and falls to the ground. I stand up with a grunt. Every step I took would cause pain to shoot through my wrist.

While Cal was distracted with his knee, I wrench the trident from his hand and stand above him. His eyes are filled with horror as I raise the trident above my head. This is for you Ash. I bring the trident down hard on his chest. I back away as he starts to cough up blood.

I hold my wrist, which has now started to grow purple, as I say, "I guess you were wrong about Finnick, Cal. He really was a good mentor."

Cal spits blood at me, then his chest falls.

BOOM!

Suddenly a voice blares through the arena saying, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present, the winner of the sixty-sixth annual Hunger Games."

A wave of relief rushed over me as those words were spoken. I reach up to touch Ashley's necklace.

"I did it Ash. Now I can go home," I whisper.

Suddenly I hear the aircraft coming in the distance. I look to the sky as I anxiously await the aircraft that will take me away from the terrible place.