Chapter 4

^Taylor Lautner (Twilight) as Xavier

(Xavier's pov)

'Alpha! We have found a rouge on the north-western border'. The voice of my beta, Jim, came through the mind-link. I growled loudly. I'd had a shit day already and this was the cherry on the cake.

'Alright hold him and I'll be there in a second', I replied, stalking out of my study and down the old staircase to the front door.

'Sir..' the hesitant sound of Jim's voice filtered into my mind, 'The rouge .... It's not a male......it's a female, and she's in a lot of pain. I sent Rob to get Doc... Xav, she shows signs of having been beaten, quite possibly tortured, very very recently.' I halted in shock, and then continued moving, faster towards the border. 'Keep her awake', was all I replied as I started to run, thoughts darting through my head.

The bad treatment of a female was abhorrent, even in my pack, and the fact that she was a rouge.. We weren't complete bastards like the rumours said, we would do anything to protect our pack, and that included killing any pack or wolf that was a threat. We especially looked after our females. They were meant to be cherished, even the ones who were whores. It was their decision and I wouldn't interfere with that.

As I got nearer to the north-western border, a strange but delicious scent invades my senses. It smelled like vanilla and raspberries, and it drew me in like a fish on a line. I ran faster and came round the corner into a clearing just in time to see Jim walking quickly in my direction, but my eyes focused on what, or more specifically who, was in his arms.

'MINE', I growled, and watched as the group of males I the clearing stared at me in shock. I had never expected to find my mate, and now that I had we were all in shock.

And then I realised that Jim was holding her. Another male was holding what is mine.

I growled at them and they all shrank back, terrified. Jim held her out in shaking arms and, bowing his head to me, whimpered an apology.

'Don't worry' was all I said holding out my arms for her.

Jim passed her over, and then stepped back to stand with Rob.

Sparks erupted along my arms and midriff where she rested, completely relaxed in my arms,and the security they provided.

'She's tiny', I whispered marvelling down at her, and Rob stepped forward. He was the one who could give me the best idea of what had happened to her. He was my best tracker and second best fighter, after Jim, and he was fiercely loyal. He gently passed a hand down her face and looked me in the eye. 'She's a fighter' was all he said then stepped back

'She's severely malnourished and has been beaten quite recently. I can see evidence of broken bones, bruises and cuts. Unfortunately I can't tell how badly and how many times, or how long, until I get her to the hospital. She will need surgery and a few scans, just to check, and will need to stay in the hospital so I can monitor her' Doc stated, having taken Rob's place in front of us.

'Let's go'

We all ran in the direction of the hospital. When we got there Doc started to take her from me and I growled. He stepped back but said, 'Alpha, if I don't take her and check she is alright then she might not survive.'

Grunting I handed the precious parcel in my hands over to Doc and then went and sat on a small chair in the waiting room with Rob and Jim.

We waited.

And waited.

Hi everyone,

I hope this story is living up to your expectations.

Vote and Comment!

Xx