Chapter Three

(Max's POV)

It's been almost a week since (Y/N) got here. We talk more, but she still has that same expression on her face. I've tried to make her irritated, happy, sad, confused, but it just doesn't work. I'll keep trying though...

We were walking to the docks after lunch when (Y/N) suddenly stopped in her tracks. I was confused, and I saw that she was looking at something, and for once, her face showed something else... horror. I was shocked at what could've triggered her to look like this, so I looked in the direction that she was looking at, and I saw Nurf...

Holding Camo.

(Y/N) ran toward him, and he held Camo high above his head. She started jumping, desperately yelling,"Give him back!" Nurf just laughed.

"What, you want this trash?" he teased.

"He's not trash! Now give him back!" (Y/N) yelled as she kept jumping, trying her hardest to reach her beloved panda bear.

Nurf chuckled sadistically. He held Camo's head in one hand and his legs in the other hand, and ripped his head off. (Y/N) froze, her eyes laced with tears. "Here, take it." Nurf said as he dropped both parts of Camo on the ground in front of (Y/N) and walked away laughing.

I quickly ran to (Y/N)'s side as she dropped to her knees. "Ugh, that jerk!" I growled. I know how it feels to be teased for having a stuffed animal..

A few tears ran down (Y/N)'s cheeks, but she quickly wiped them off with her hoodie sleeve and sighed, putting her usual expression on. "It's fine. I can fix him. I've done it before." she said in a monotone voice.

"No, it's not fine!" I barked. (Y/N) turned to me with a shocked expression on her face. "Don't let people do stuff like that to you, and then just shrug it off afterward! You can show emotion, everyone does! Don't be embarrassed, or ashamed, or whatever you reason is not to!" I told her.

She just stared at me for a few moments before looking back down at her torn panda bear and saying, "Y-You're right.." Another tear fell, and I wiped it off with my thumb, keeping my hand on hercheek to turn her head towards mine.

"Hey, don't let people get to you like that. You're a strong person, and I'm sure we can fix Camo." I told her with a reassuring smile. Surprisingly, she actually smiled back. That was the first time I had ever seen her smile..

"Thank you..." she said as she got up and ran to the tent. I was confused in what she was doing. I stood up while grabbing Camo, about to run after her, when I saw her running back with something in her hands. I tilted my head in confusion. Once she reached me, I saw that she had a sewing kit in her arms.

"Oh. Well, we're still going to the docks, right?" She nodded happily. We walked to the docks, took our shoes off, and sat at the very edge, our feet skimming the surface. I gave her camo and she started hand sewing it up with a black thread. "Heh, did you sign up for sewing camp or something?" I asked jokingly. She paused before she shook her head no and continued. "Well, what camp did you sign up for?" I asked curiously.

She paused before she asked, "Uh, what camp did you sign up for?"

"I asked first." I reminded her.

She sighed. "I-I don't... have a camp.."

My eyes widened. "Why?" I asked bluntly.

She stopped sewing Camo and looked away. "I... don't wanna talk about it."

I nodded. "I understand."

She cleared her throat awkwardly. "S-So, what camp did you sign up for?" she asked, trying to turn the attention away from her.