Chapter Four

I don't even look back to see who is following me, I just keep running. I run all the way to the cellar room and slowly slide down the wall.

"He's alive." I say to myself. "Oh my god."

That's when I heard footsteps coming towards me. I quickly turn my head and see Haymitch.

"So what do you think about the boy?" He asks.

"There can't be a cease-fire, Snow has to pay for what he's done." I say angrily.

"Glad you realized that sweetheart." He smiles. "Coin wants us to start on the propaganda."

"I'll do whatever she needs." I state trying to stand up with my swollen abdomen.

Haymitch helps me to my feet and we make our way to coin's office.

•••

"I heard you were ready." Coin smiles as we walk into the room.

"I am." I say with a straight face.

"Great." Coin says. "Beetee wants to see you in the infirmary, he's been working on a bow for you."

I nod my head and Haymitch and I walk down to the infirmary. I peek through the windows and see Gale and Beetee talking. I open the door and walk towards them.

"Ah Katniss, glad you came down." Beetee smiles.

I smile and look towards the black, almost silky looking bow.

"Coin only really wanted me to make you a fake bow for the propaganda but I couldn't just make you a fashion accessory." Beetee explains handing me the bow. "These arrows are colored . Black regular, red for flames."

I pick up the arrow and place it inside my bow. I'm about to shoot when Beetee grabs at it.

"Let's not shoot the red ones in here." He laughs.

•••

After gathering the bow we walk to a room where I'll be shooting a scene to fire up our troops. But I really think I need to be out there, how am I suppose to fire up and help the troops when I'm in district 13. I walk towards Effie who has this beautiful armor on her, it almost looks like Cinna's work.

"This is Cinna's." I state causing Effie to frown. "He's dead isn't he?"

"Yes my dear, but he did this for you, he believed you would end this all. He believes in you." She says with a shaky voice.

Effie gets me all ready by putting on my suit, doing my hair, and doing my makeup which took hours! She finally finished and pulls out of her pocket a black mockingjay pin, almost exactly like mine.

"Cinna's final touch." She smiles putting the pin on me. "People with either want to kiss you, kill you, or be you."

•••

"Perfect, stand right there." Plutarch says. "Alright now add the background."

I turn to look but of course it's a green screen so I couldn't see anything.

"The wind." Plutarch states. "Okay Katniss whenever you're ready say your lines."

I start on one knee and I slowly stand up holding what's suppose to be a flag.

"People of Panem, we fight, we..." I say before stopping because it doesn't sound right.

"Do you know the lines?" Plutarch asks.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." I state.

I try and start again but his time it was worse.

"People of Panem, we fight, we dare to end this..."

"You've just been in battle!!" Plutarch screams.

Haymitch walks towards me and smiles at me.

"And that my friends is how a revolution dies." He laughs.

•••

We all gather in Coin's office to watch the propaganda that we shot. We all watch as I say those dreadful lines that didn't get into my emotions, how could they use this I need to get into my emotions. The video end and we all sit there in silence.

"May I say something Madam Coin?" Haymitch asks.

She nods her head and Haymitch turns to everyone.

"When were any of you moved by Katniss Everdeen? Not because of her dress going up into flames or even her nice shots with her bow, but really were moved." Haymitch asks.

Effie raised her hand and Haymitch points to her.

"When she volunteered for her sister at the reaping." She smiles.

"Great example!" Haymitch states as he erases something on the hologram board. "Hope that wasn't important." He grabs the pen and writes volunteered 4 sis.

"Oh when she sang the song for little Rue." Effie awes.

"And when she choose Rue as an allie." Beetee states.

"Great and what do these actions have in common?" Haymitch asks

"No one told her to do it." Gale says.

"Ah yes, unscripted." Beetee agrees.

"What are you trying to get at Haymitch?" Coin asks.

"It needs to come from her, it needs to come from inside." Haymitch says.

"What do you want me to do? Throw her into battle?" She laughs. "She can't she's pregnant for gods sake."

"I heard district 8 experienced light bombing last week but nothing else ever since." Boggs suggests.

"No, I'm not risking our mockingjay to get killed. We can't secure her safety." Coin says.

"I want to go!" I say. "If you want me to fire up our troops this is the only way."

Coin looks around the room. She lets out a sigh and looks towards me. "Let her go."

•••

Hello my friends!! Long time no see. Thank you for reading this story, I'm always so grateful when I open my Wattpad. Love you guyssss<3 more chapters to come.

Xoxo Maddi