Hero of the Year Tournament

Start from the beginning

        Red and Jen ran up the stairs with their Pokemon to find a room filled with rows upon rows of medieval clothing.

        “Sweet!” Jen cried as she and her Pokemon shuffled through the aisles of clothing. “Do you guys see anything you like?”

        Her Pokemon looked at her with worry, but in hopes to keep her happy, they picked out a costume for themselves. Jen picked out a white ranger’s robe and ran to the changing room. She took off her hoodie and shirt and quickly began wrapping the gauze around her chest and abdomen before slipping the costume on.

        “Red, do you have a costume picked out for yourself?” She asked as she walked back into the aisles of clothes.

        Red walked out wearing a knight’s suit with a red Charizard on the torso of his chest plate. Charizard stood next to him wearing a steel helmet and chainmail.

        “Nice. Two knights in shining armor.”

        Vulpix nudged her leg and looked up at her with pleading eyes. In her mouth was a pink cape and a plastic tiara. “Gem, cam mu elp me?”

        Jen nodded and knelt down beside Vulpix and tied the cape around her neck. “I now crown thee…Princess Vulpix.” Jen smiled as she placed the tiara on Vulpix’s head.

        Vulpix giggled and danced around the room in her costume.

        “What do you think about my costume, master?” Gastly asked.

        Jen turned to see a flying helmet with purple gas seeping out of every opening.  “Wicked look, Gastly.”

        Red knocked on one of the racks and signed. “I’m going to go sign up for the Hero of the Year tournament. You want to join?”

        Jen laughed. “Sure. I’m up for a tournament battle. Where is it?”

        Red walked over to the window and pointed. Jen followed him to the window and looked out at the town to see he was indicating to a large palace. “Cameran Palace.”

        “We have to wait a whole round before battling?” Jen complained as she studied the leaderboard. Only seven contestants signed up, including Red and her.

        “More people like to watch, than compete in the tournament.” Red explained.

        “And what’s the award?” Jen asked, crossing her arms.

        “You’ll have to wait and see. I’m up now. Good luck, cousin.” He waved as he disappeared into the corridor.

        Jen sat down on the wooden bench with her Pokemon, and waited for her name to be called. She would have loved to see Red battle, but since she was going to be competing she was required to stay in the waiting room until it was her turn.

        “I’m sure we won’t have to wait very long. Red will beat all of the opponents that face him.” Vulpix chirped as the sounds of cheering could be heard from the stadium.

        “Including us?” Gastly asked dryly.

        The trio went silent.

        “How many Pokemon does Red have?” Vulpix asked.

        “A full party.” Jen snickered nervously. “But it’s a one-on-one battle. Meaning he will choose his strongest Pokemon, which means I’ll need--”