She then zoomed off leaving behind a stunned Mewtwo, still wondering how he had lost the argument.

Following Mew

        Mew sailed along the breeze back to Cerulean City, scanning the horizon for the rising sun. The sight made her smile as she spun through the clouds.

        Eventually, the clouds parted and Mew could see the city and gym below. Shifting into a Pidgeotto, Mew dove below the clouds and landed on the gym’s roof.

        “Gastly and Vulpix. Vulpix and Gastly. Gastly and Vulpix!” Mew sang as she searched for Jen’s Pokemon.

        After waiting for a while, and not see any Vulpix or Gastlys, Mew’s patience was quickly growing thin. She jumped off the roof and circled through the city. No such luck. “Ooh! Why is it so hard to find a Gastly and a Vulpix in a city like this?”

        As she headed back towards the gym, Mew saw large groups of trainers begin to run towards one of the city’s entrance. Mew flew lower and saw an orange haired girl entering the city…along with a Vulpix and a Gastly!

        Mew dove into the crowd and landed in front of the two Pokemon. “Finally! I found you two!”

        Jen’s Pokemon ignored her and ran for the gym. The orange haired girl pushed through the crowd and followed the two Pokemon. Mew hopped up into the air and glided into the gym just before the door closed the door behind her.

        Mew quickly glanced around the gym and saw a huge pool frozen over with ice.

        “Vulpix!” Gastly cried.

        Vulpix unleashed the largest firestorm Mew had ever seen upon the icy pool. She only stopped once she was sure all the ice was gone.

        Gastly hovered over the pool, desperately searching for Jen, while Vulpix and the girl leapt into the pool. Both Vulpix and the girl disappeared under the water and spun around in the water, searching for something.

        “Watcha looking for?” Mew asked.

        Gastly glanced over at her. He did not notice her follow them into the gym. “Our master. We’re looking for our master.”

        “In the pool?” Mew giggled. She didn’t mean to laugh, but the fact that they were searching an empty pool was humorous to her.

        “This isn’t funny!” Gastly snapped. “Team Rocket trapped her down there. She could be dead for all we know!”

        “Or gone.” Mew said bluntly.

        “What?” Gastly hissed.

        “Gastly!” Vulpix cried, surfacing. “She’s gone.”

        The girl swam to the surface as well and climbed out of the pool. A small grin was on her face. “She could still be alive. There is hope.

        Gastly turned towards Mew. She could see and feel the confusion and anger radiating off of him. “Where. Is. She?”

        Mew smiled. “You two really care for her, huh?”

        “She’s our master. Why shouldn’t we care?” Vulpix spit. “Besides, you didn’t answer our question. Where is our master?”

        Mew giggled and spun in the air. “Follow the leader!” Mew chirped. She flew towards the door and waited for the girl to open it for them.