Mew was quickly able to lose the Raticate, but the Spearows and Beedrills were harder to shake. She dove in and out of the trees and sent balls of energy at her pursuers.  Only two of the Spearows and one of the Beedrills fell, but the attacks did slow down the others.

Mew used this to her advantage as she dove back into the trees and shifted into a Rattata. She dared a peek into the air to see the remaining Spearow and Beedrill soar past, not bothering to give her a second glance.

        She let lose a sigh of relief. “That was close. I better keep looking for Mewtwo before they find him.”

        Still in Rattata form, Mew scampered onto the nearby path in hopes of identifying where in Kanto she was now. To her dismay, she found nothing to help her.

        “Well, fine.” She pouted. “This is going to take longer—wait, that energy! Mewtwo?”

        She spun around hoping to see him, but found no one.

        “I swear I can sense him…Mewtwo!

        Earlier 

        Mewtwo had sensed Team Rocket coming long before they made it to his cave. He didn’t want to be a slave to them, to that damned monster of a man, Giovanni, ever again. Once was already too much.

        He flew from his cave to the forest not very far from the city. Team Rocket was bound to leave his cave eventually, but that didn’t mean soon. He hovered over the trees and looked back at the illuminated city.

        “What could those miscreants be planning now?”

        “A good question.”

        Mewtwo stiffened as Zapdos appeared above him. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be on your island along with Articuno and Moltres?”

        Zapdos shook his head. “We were called to a Gathering by Arceus, which you failed to attend.”

        “I don’t like attending any of the Gatherings. Now why are you here?”

        “The other Legendries and Arceus suspect either you or Mew of causing the regional blackout the other night.” Zapdos responded.

        Mewtwo frowned. “What blackout? I have not seen or heard of this, and what makes it different from any other blackout?”

        “I don’t think you heard me, Mewtwo. The blackout that occurred last night sent all of Kanto into darkness. Not one city had light.”

        “Odd. Did anyone not suspect a human group to be behind any of this?” Mewtwo asked as his mind drifted towards Team Rocket and how they were still in his cave.

        “Some did, but we were sent out to first question those who did not attend. Where were you during the blackout?”

        “In my cave.” He replied bluntly.

        “Of course. And where else would you have been?” Zapdos thought sarcastically.

        “Heard that.”

        Zapdos rolled his eyes. “Will you at least come back with me to the Sky Pillar to talk with Arceus. We can settle things faster if you and Mew speak to him directly.”

        Mewtwo shook his head. “I think I rather stay here and keep an eye on the more current issues at hand, thank you very much.” He said as he gazed back towards the city. “Send my regards to Arceus will you?”