Chapter 17

OLIVIA'S POV

My stomach grumbles as we lay in the bed we have been rolling around in since lunch, darkness now blanketing the room and I have no idea what time of night it is.

It has been such a long time since we did this, spend all day in bed, something we used to do most weekends as we savoured every spare moment outside of work we had together, completely engrossed in one another.

I try to ignore my hunger, not wanting to break whatever love spell has been cast over us today but I can't hide the rumbling noise that sounds again.

I whine a little at the inconvenience of having to get up and Harry stirs a little as he naps beside me.

I roll out of bed as quietly as I can and throw on my underwear and the shirt he was wearing earlier that was carelessly discarded onto the floor in our attempts to undress as quickly as possible.

After flicking on a couple of lights I potter into the kitchen and rummage around for something I can make for dinner and not fuck up.

Toast it is.

I bite my lip as I think about the afternoon and how intense it had become. Xander and Will's news is so unbelievably amazing but I have to admit, I was completely caught off guard and my emotions, which I usually keep so close to me, were running wild.

I don't want Harry to worry about me, or ovulation, or about my feelings about it all. For some reason I feel like if I hide my disappointment of not being able to conceive then maybe it was save him some heartache somehow.  

Maybe I can protect him from the pain I am going through?

I see how he makes everyone around him so calm by being the strong one and I want to give him that in return. He always makes sure I feel safe and taken care of, this is my opportunity to do the same for him, to protect him from the stress of this or at the very least, keep my feelings hidden so he doesn't have to deal with worrying about me as well. He always shields me from the outside world, I need to shield him from the inside.

It's becoming pretty obvious my plan is starting to backfire as we fall more and more out of sync with each passing day and every shrug of my shoulders.

Maybe telling Harry the reason for my changes was a bad thing but for the first time in ages I feel like we have connected about more than just tour schedules or avoiding photographers.

My thoughts are broken and I almost drop the knife at the sight of my completely naked husband. His hair is a  tangled mess and he is rubbing his eye sleepily with the back of his hand as he walks into the kitchen while I am spreading peanut butter on my toast.

I bite my lip as he comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me gently back towards him. I try not to gasp as his hands creep under the silky shirt and wander across my skin as he rests his chin on my shoulder.

He hums at the feeling before his voice, so deep and thick with sleep, croaks, "Where'd you go?"

"Cooking dinner," I tell him innocently as I take a bite from the corner of my bread.

He chuckles into the crook of my neck and I feel him shake his head in disapproval at my serious lack of skills in the kitchen.

"I've told you so many times you can't eat this shit for dinner, stubborn woman," he jokes and swats my arse in jest causing me to yelp a little and spin around to face him.

The dimple in his cheek pops as he swiftly lifts me up and plants my backside onto the counter top, standing between my legs as his finger tips glide up and down my spine beneath the soft material.

"Dunno why you bothered getting dressed, angel," he purrs as I continue to bite into my toast and I look down at my dishevelled state before raising an eyebrow at him.

"I'd hardly say I'm dressed," I start but am caught off guard as his fingers expertly undo the two buttons of his shirt I had done up.

"Harry!" I screech in overreaction at the same time he murmurs to himself, "That's better," through a smirk and he pulls me in closer.

I shake my head and exhale a laugh at his cheekiness but he is standing with his mouth held open and tongue out in front of me in request of a bite of my peanut butter toast.

"Get your own!" I laugh, holding my arm up and away from him.

"Babyyyy" he whines, "I'm starving, feed your man."

"Feed yourself!" I joke back and squeal as he grabs my other hand and pretends to bite it off with a theatrical chomping noise.

I'm still pulling my hand to my chest when I feel him snatch the piece of bread from me and crunch down with a satisfied smirk that I want to kiss right off his handsome face.

"Gotta be quicker than that, Toots!" He muses with a grin.

"Said no woman ever," I quip and curl my lips into my mouth to stop myself from laughing at the look on his face.

Harry gasps, holding his mouth dramatically open in fake shock and I take the opportunity to steal back my dinner.

"Olivia Bailey, did you just make a SEX joke!" he mocks and I can't help but giggle into my hand which is now covering my bright red face.

His boyish cackle rings into the air as he looks around jokingly for his phone. His hands patting down his bare arse as if he is checking his pockets.

"I'm going to call your mother! Must be all those dirty mouthed rockstars you've been hanging around, young lady! I told you they were a bad influence, Livvy!" He imitates my mother's shrieking and has me throwing back my head in amusement.

His grin is so gorgeous I almost forget what we are laughing at as he wraps his arms back around me and chuckles into my shoulder.

"There's just one dirty mouthed rockstar," I tell him as he catches his breath and his green eyes look back at me with delight still captivating his face. "and it's not Bailey, it's Styles." I tease, shoving his shoulder but instead he captures my lips in his and kisses me hard.

"I've missed this," he whispers solemnly into my lips.

"Me too," I say back before his arms scoop me up and carry me back into our bedroom.

A/N:

This cute little fluffy chapter is for all of you!

THANK YOU for 'all the love' i appreciate it so so much!

See, our fav couple is still loved up, they are just going through a rough patch!

PRETTY PLEASE TAP THE STAR

Love Ruby

x