I sighed. "Fine. But how will they not notice Midnight is gone?"

Jonah smiled. "I'll put one of our black horses in there for the day. No one should notice since Josh won't need his horse while you’re around."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine."

"Jay," Grace said quietly.

I looked at her, expressionless.

"I'm sorry. I'll be more careful now on. I didn't see him there and people don't usually go down that particular corridor as it's a long way to the Lord's chambers and all."

Grace's face did look sorry and sincere so I nodded understandably. I knew at that point that I would never be able to be angry at her.

"It's fine. I understand."

Grace smiled lightly.

"Nice dress by the way," Jonah commented.

I glared at Jonah. "I still am not over your stupid recovery plan, you know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seems like when you are regretting a certain moment it comes faster. It was an hour from noon and Jonah was going to meet me here with another black horse in any minute now.

I had no idea how I was going to act like the girl Jonah described. I was not human so how was I supposed to act out their emotions? I had a crush on Josh but it was a distant crush. Somehow I didn't feel like it was even real.

The wide doors to the stables opened and I glanced over in time to see Jonah walk in with a frisky stallion at his heels, looking around at his surroundings rapidly.

Are you kidding me? A stallion as stupid as this one to take my place?

I rolled my eyes and took a quick look around to make sure it was clear before I shifted. Clear, I willed my human self as I prepared for the burdens of magic to weigh me down again.

Blinking, I looked up to see Jonah and the stallion entering my stall.

"This is my replacement?" I asked as I lifted my eyebrows.

"Yeah," Jonah replied, clearly pleased with himself, "isn't he a beautiful fellow?" As if to confirm that, Jonah started to pet his neck affectionately.

"No offense," I said apologetically to the stallion before facing Jonah, "but he is much too frisky and... Well he's sort of..."

"Stupid?" Jonah asked. He had a weird look on his face that I couldn't identify.

I quickly glanced at the stallion. I didn't want to offend him, especially if I was going to work with him in the future. "Err... Something like that, I suppose..."

Jonah shrugged. "He's what we've got and I personally think he's brilliant."

I decided I didn't care. This plan was the stupidest plan in the world. Why not just let it get more stupid?

I shrugged. "Very well."

Jonah tethered the stallion inside the stall and beckoned me to follow him out.

I waited patiently as he closed the stall door and secured it then tentatively followed him to the daylight beyond the stall doors. Here goes nothing.

I squinted at the bright rays of sun that reflected on me. Flicking my annoyingly long hair behind my shoulders, I gazed around at the working human figures. I was dressed like them, but I still felt exposed and out of place.

"He will be meeting us in the palace, my lady," Jonah said, smiling wickedly.

I punched his shoulder firmly, but lightly. "I am not 'your lady' Jonah. I am not gonna be treated like some noble lady cause I am far from it and you know it."