He frowned and walked a little closer that enough to listen their conversation through the silent night. Mingyu hid behind the big slide in the park, his curiosity about Haeun's life was on peak. He was kind of felt frustrated at the fact that he could not help her with anything because he almost know nothing about her problems and concerns.

Besides, Haeun's father sudden appearance was giving the situation too much pain and miserable. It turned everything upside down, tumbling all of them into an undecipherable state. All Mingyu ever wanted was to see and keep his girlfriend to find her smile again, and she almost did.

Mingyu blamed that old man for destroying his wish just by showing himself out of nowhere.

"I ruined so many things that could've been amazing for us, it was all because of my ego and worst personality. Because I was so blind to seek another woman when I have Jihyun. " Haeun's father muttered. A silent gasped left Mingyu's mouth as he heard it, his brows furrowed.

"Appa, you know what, " He noticed Haeun's breath was shaking.

"I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me and my mother. But I know that if I had the chance I would't do it. I was very young, not blind or deaf. Some days, when it was just you and me in the house, I would become so overwhelmed with fear, anxiety, and loneliness that I would suddenly burst into tears. So when you do this, I don't know how to react. I don't understand what's your intention."

She spilled out all messily and Mingyu felt his heart breaking. A chill covered down his spine, because he never knew she was going through a hard times like this.

"Let's just stop this. I won't hear you anymore!" Haeun shouted adamantly.

"Haeun, wait! " Mr.Kim exclaimed.

"I admit my sins, Because of my abusive side and my alcoholic addiction, I never treat you and your mother well for the rest of my life. I always torture you and call you names. I don't know there is an evil living inside me that I can't control. I'm the reason your mother's passed away, I'm the reason you've been putting up your wall so high with everyone. I can see the pain in your eyes, your eyes are tired of holding so many tears." Mr.Kim spoke out seriously.

Mingyu clenched his fists as he felt his heart boiled in anger, knowing that he was hurting Haeun, and how it impacted her living. Mingyu wanted to say something, he wanted to protect Haeun from her own father, but the he just found himself rooted to the ground because he saw Mr.Kim was kneeling the next second.

"What are you doing?! Get up." Haeun was shocked.

"I am sorry. I am so sorry, my daughter. I'm truly sorry for saying words that hurt you or lashed out in anger and pain and you suffered the brunt of it. I'm not a good father to you and I'm not a good husband to your mother. Your happiness and smile are my karma. Forgive me, for all I have done at you, at your mother." He apologized while crying and his shoulder was shivering.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. Save your apology appa, it doesn't change a thing. Not a thing." Haeun muttered heavily, shaking her head.

"I don't deserve your apology but a soul like yours deserves happiness since I'm leaving. So I hope you can forgive me for my mistakes and hope I can too."

"In my whole life, I've never give you any warm hug sincerely as a father. Let me embrace you for one last time." He got up slowly on his feet while wiping his tears.

The older man hugged Haeun while Haeun was stunned in silence.

"Take care and live happily, my little star."

Mingyu heard everything, he felt his heart was breaking apart and it hurt. His gazed not straying away from Haeun's father as he took his leave from the park. He turned his direction to look at Haeun then noticed Haeun's agonized expression as she shook her head and repelled herself backwards as she couldn't seem accept the sudden confession.