"I am," I said then paused before biting down on my bottom lip. I noticed my hand was tired, and it was then I noticed I had been gripping the bedsheets with the hand I wasn't using to scroll through my phone. "I-I think I am," I said, correcting myself as I let go of the bedsheet.

Austin didn't look convinced, he brought up one of his legs to step on his sit. so that he was resting his hand on his knee. He poked his cheek with the pen he was holding, humming something under his breath. "You know the counselor's office is open all week. Like, it's not like anyone would judge you for going to meet her," he said, and I blinked, looking away. I was still holding my phone in a death grip, so I let go of it before pushing it under my pillow.

"I've never been there," I admitted, watching him in the dim light. "Have you?" I asked, surprised when he nodded his head.

"She'll help you sort things out, so go meet her if you can, okay?" he said before turning his seat so that he was facing his piano keyboard that was on his desk again.

"Okay," I said, and just like that our conversation ended. I slipped under my covers, taking out my phone again. I smiled when I saw I had a message from a mutual. Apart from Advik, Grey was the only other person I spent so much time talking to in the past, and he was the only one I actively talked to about personal things now. He wasn't in any college around, heck, he wasn't even in this state, but I felt like he's been joined to my hip since forever. He was an athlete, so most of his reblogs were dieting tips and such. I didn't fancy any of that, but somehow, we clicked in the comment section about pineapples being gross about two years ago.

GreyGains:

Hey, what have you been up to? I haven't heard from you in a while.

10: 04 PM.

Me:

I'm fine. I'm just stressed.

10:05 PM.

I replied, not sure how to explain all the crazy drama that has been going on for the past few weeks.

GreyGains:

Advik?

10:06 PM.

Me:

Nah, it's just general stress. Like, school stress.

10:07 PM.

I explained in my message, chuckling to myself a bit when I remembered telling Grey about what had happened when I had tried to kiss Advik that night. You know when your friends shit on your crush or ex because they did something terrible, but you still like them so it feels like they're insulting you too? Yeah...

GreyGains:

If you say so.

10:08 PM.

We caught up. I talked about the problems I was having with my dance group, and he talked about how aiming for a team to pick him up after college was going. When he had to log off I logged off too, and it was then a thought came to mind.

"You should talk to him."

I remembered George's words about trying to talk to Xander, and after contemplating it for a while I searched for his number and messaged him.

Message to: Xander.

Hey, it's me, Ollie, in case you don't have my number anymore. How are you?

SAT, 10:40 PM.

Staring down at my text after I had sent it I started to feel it sounded a little robotic and lame, and I wondered if Xander would even bother to reply even if this was still his number. After a few minutes of messing around with my phone, it buzzed, making me surprised when I saw that it was a reply from Xander.

Message from: Xander.

Is it really you?

I haven't heard from you in a while. It's been a long time, hasn't it?

SAT, 10:50 PM.

Message to: Xander.

I guess.

SAT, 10:51 PM.

Message from: Xander.

I'm glad you texted me, though. I wasn't sure if we were still on good terms, so I wasn't sure if I would annoy you if I messaged you.

How have you been? :-)

SAT, 10:52 PM.

Message to: Xander.

I've been alright.

SAT, 10: 53 PM.

No, not really. I thought to myself, but Xander didn't need to know that. Well, not yet. We talked, and it was nice hearing about Maxwell and how they were getting along. Somewhere along the line, Xander invited me to their place, and I agreed. When we both said our goodbyes and I put my phone away there was a smile on my face

Something good happened today, despite all the shit I've been through for the past few weeks, something good happened. I think I'll start focusing on that — the little good things — because if I don't I'll die from overthinking everything else that was going wrong.