The Romantic

Hermione immediately pulled away from Fred and looked behind her to see George leaning against the doorframe, smirking widely.

“George get lost!” Fred said jokingly.

“Alright, I’ll just leave you two alone.” He said with a wink, leaving the room and closing the door behind him.

Fred laughed awkwardly.

“This is so embarrassing!” Hermione exclaimed, putting her head in her hands.

“What’s embarrassing?” Fred asked, slightly offended.

“He’s going to go and tell everyone and they will all be talking about us!” Hermione said, she hated that kind of attention.

“Hermione it’ll be fine.” Fred said, putting a hand on her shoulder. Hermione instinctively leant in towards him and he wrapped his arm around her. They sat there like that happily; Hermione was surprised by just how much she loved being in his arms.

After a while Fred got up, pulling Hermione with him. He kissed her softly before saying,

“We can’t stay up here forever.”

As much as Hermione would have liked to do just that she still let Fred guide her out of the room.

When they walked into the room hand in hand everyone fell silent. Hermione looked around all their faces. George was still grinning from ear to ear, Bill, Mr. Weasley and Sirius doing exactly the same. Ginny and Mrs. Weasley both looked a little stunned and she couldn’t really read the expression on Ron’s face.

Suddenly Mrs. Weasley got up and wrapped her arms around Hermione in a warm embrace.

“I’m so happy for you both.” She said, wiping a tear from her eye with a corner of her apron.

Mrs. Weasley was acting like she and Fred had just got engaged, but Hermione had just realized that she liked him.

Fred was still holding her hand but the look on his face showed that he felt just as awkward about this as she did.

“So how did this happen?” Ginny asked them, a grin beginning to spread across her face.

“Well from what I saw they were about to rip each other’s clothes off.”

“George!” Mrs. Weasley yelled, outraged at her son’s crudeness.

“It was a joke!” He said, holding his hands up jokingly.

Hermione glared at him before telling Ginny how it happened as romantically as she could.

“Wow Freddie, didn’t know you were such a romantic.” Bill said, nudging his brother as he laughed.

Fred was about to retort when Mrs. Weasley ordered everyone who was not in the order to go upstairs.

“So should I go to someone else’s room tonight?” George asked Hermione in a very matter of fact tone.

“Shut up George.” Fred said, shoving his brother upstairs and towards their bedroom.

Hermione was about to follow Ron into his and Harry’s room when Fred caught her by the waist.

“Sorry about George.” He said.

“It’s fine, I wouldn’t expect anything less.” She laughed.

For the fourth time that day Fred kissed her. It was sweet and gentle. It was just how she wanted it to be.

“Are you coming?” Ron demanded a little huffily as he poked his head out the door of his room.

“Oh yes.” Hermione replied a little breathlessly as Fred let go of her waist and bounded up the stairs after his brother.