Fred in love

He couldn’t sleep. He couldn’t think, he couldn’t breath; he couldn’t do anything knowing that she lay fast asleep exactly two floors down.

Fred listened to his brother snoring gently beside him and wished more than anything that he could be out of this room and with the girl he had fallen for.

Fred eventually fell asleep dreaming of her curly brown hair on the pillow beside him; no one saw the smile slowly creep across his face as he slept.

The next morning Fred apparated with his brother into the kitchen to find the table already full of people and their mother slapping them with a tea cloth. Their mother shouted at them, clearly annoyed at her sons, but Fred just ignored her and tried to find a seat as near to Hermione as possible.

Fred didn’t get to talk to Hermione much as she and Ron were obsessing over Harry’s arrival later that day, but Fred was happy enough just to listen to her voice.

Fred knew he shouldn’t be thinking this way about Hermione. As soon as he had finished his breakfast he walked briskly up stairs without his brother and shut himself into a random room, locking the door behind him.

Fred collapsed into a corner, he put his head in his hands and tried to do everything but think about Hermione, he knew it was weird but his feelings were torturing him!

A couple of minutes after he entered the room he heard a rattling coming from the desk opposite him. Fred got up hesitantly, Hermione momentarily wiped from his mind, and walked slowly towards the quivering desk.

Fred took out his wand, pointed it towards the desk drawer and said ‘Alohomora’ in a frightened whisper.

The drawer sprang open and suddenly Hermione was lying on the floor before him bleeding heavily from the head. Hermione was looking towards him with pain in her sad eyes. Fred instantly dropped to his knees beside her body.

“Hermione!” he yelled, grabbing her body and holding her tight. “Don’t dies please don’t die!” he cried frantically. In his arms she was gasping for breath, tears running down her pale cheeks. “Hermione I…” but before Fred could finish Hermione’s body went limp in his arms and he could no longer feel her warm breath on his face.

“Hermione! No you can’t, I love you!” Fred screeched, tears falling freely and quickly from his eyes and onto Hermione’s porcelain face.

Fred stood up on legs that felt like jelly. He walked backwards out of the room, shaking and crying uncontrollably as he stared at his blood stained hands, the ruby blotches the evidence of the worst thing he had ever experienced. Fred’s knees buckled and he collapsed in the hall, breathing rapidly as his whimpers caught in his throat. Fred buried his head in his hands, letting the blood from his one true love engulf his senses.

“Fred?”

Fred jumped as he felt the soft hand touch his quivering shoulder. He looked up to see a shadow towering over him. The person bent down to expose her terrified facial expression. Suddenly a huge smile spread across Fred’s face and he laughed with relief. He instantly stood up and took Hermione Granger in his arms. Her look of surprise was the most beautiful thing Fred had ever seen. Fred looked deep into Hermione’s eyes and kissed her passionately.