t w e n t y n i n e » m o k i t a

Начните с самого начала

"I-It's all my fault, dad," I cried, "She's gone, be-because of me."

"Adrianna," he spoke with his naturally rough Italian accent, "You had no control over that night.

"You don't actually believe that do you," he asked in a much more fearful and quiet voice.

"Of course I bloody believe that. The fact that I'm the reason is in through my head," I whisper. I hated this. I never told him how I felt about my mother's death. And now here I was; there's a first for everything, I guess.

"Adrianna," he replied in a more helpless tone and I could tell he was crying now too. God, I really walked around causing heartbreak and pain for everyone. Why was I such a mess?

"Adrianna, that was not your fault, you cannot sincerely think that," he replied. I stayed silent, crying silently. I didn't know what to say and my dad was as broken as it gets right now, and I wasn't there with him.

We were both silent over the phone, both of us crying, because somehow, just knowing we had each other as father and daughter, it provided some sort of comfort. Until he spoke up, causing my eyes to widen.

"Wait, maybe instead of asking Hunter, you could get over your pathetic self and ask Phoenix!

"Oh and well, don't forget to confess your love for him as well!" He did it to lighten up the conversation and lighten it up he did. What he said, completely caught me off guard, causing me to momentarily pull away the phone from my ear and check the caller ID.

"Wh-what?"

"Oh come on! You two are so in love, even a stranger can tell you two have it in for each other!" And his next words really sent me choking, "And I want grandkids!"

"Dad," I almost shriek, but manage to keep my voice quiet. Is he for real?

He laughs, "You know it's true."

"Absolutely not," I grind my teeth, "Phoenix Worthington, does not love me, let alone like me. We are so not having this conversation," I whine.

"In love, in love, in love," he said in a sing song voice.

"T-that's not true," damnit, you traitor!

"How cute," my father says smoothly.

"Dad," I groan.

"I didn't say anything! But Adri, I have to go now, don't worry, I'll call later, I love you."

"Bye dad! I love you too," I say softly and wait for him to end the call.

I wasn't sure what to do after that as I stared up at the ceiling, left to my own devices and torturing thoughts that were slowly killing me.

« 01:57 »

I groan upon hearing my phone go off again. I was getting no sleep tonight and it was making me miserable.

"Hello?" I answer faintly.

"Adri, hi, h-how are you?" Hunt's voice answered. It was evident he'd been crying and it made sense, my mom was always a second mother to him.

"I'm okay," I breathe out. How many times will I be asked that today?

"I'm so sorry, I should be there with you."

"No, don't be sorry, it's okay I promise. And dad already called me, so I guess I could be worse."

He made a sound as if he was he was disgusted, "He called you first?"