The Silver Guardian Bk 01 Ch. 03

The Silver Guardian

By DaddyIrishman

A huge thank you to my amazing editor Tex Beethoven who again worked his magic and polished this to a great shine!

Book 1

Chapter 3

Dante was toweling off after his shower and couldn't remember the last time he'd been this distracted. The scent of honey and cinnamon filled his nose and he could almost taste it! It had been a mistake to use Lily's towel to dry off, her very scent was intoxicating to him, which confused him even more. Why would it do that?

He'd never been attracted to anyone before, and it wasn't that his attraction to other girls or women paled in comparison, but he'd never before met anyone that excited him at all. He'd never felt like pushing the issue, probably more of that destiny that seemed to be guiding his life, so at 25 he was still a virgin. He had caught hell for such a so-called 'pitiful condition' on the Teams, but he'd never given into his buddies' pressure just to 'find someone and get it over with', as they called it.

But now his head was filled with Lily's scent, and he could feel the blood rushing to his member and thickening quickly. Get yourself under control Dante, for god's sake! You just met her and there is no way she's looking for anything with you!he inwardly ordered himself. He dressed in a pair of dark green cargo pants and a black muscle shirt, which is what he normally wore.

It was still hot in Montana, being the tail end of summer, and he didn't want to embarrass himself by sweating up a storm near Lily. He exited the bathroom and quietly made his way out the bedroom door, heading towards the smell of cooking food. He turned the corner and saw Lily standing at the stove, flipping over whatever was in the pan.

He walked up behind her quietly and said, "Thank you Lily, the shower helped clear the cobwebs out, and gave me a moment to think."

Lily jumped and spun around, eyes wide.

"I'm sorry! You startled me, I didn't know you were behind me and I jumped!" Lily had to make an effort to slow her breathing. How the hell did I not sense him behind me? No one has snuck up on me in years: that isn't even possible! she thought.

Dante apologized in return and Lily relaxed as she turned back to the stove.

"Go ahead and sit down at the table, the omelets will be done soon and we can eat," she offered while Dante took a seat. "I hope you like them: they're sausage, mushroom and poblano pepper omelets, my favorite! You're not allergic to anything are you?" she continued over her shoulder.

"No, I'm not allergic to anything and that sounds amazing Lily, thank you. I guess I keep saying thank you a lot, but I really appreciate the kindness you're showing me, especially when you don't need to," Dante smiled shyly as he responded to Lily.

The wild presence that had already been so loud in his head ever since he'd awakened had kept growing louder and louder, and now Dante was having a hard time ignoring it. It had never been this close to the surface before and never this loud in his mind. He had no idea what was going on, why he was losing his calm and his center, and now began worrying about what would happen when the pressure became too much. It had never remotely approached this intensity before, and he had no idea what to expect next, or how to calm it down. It was getting stronger and stronger the longer he was here, especially around Lily, which just added to his confusion.

Lily turned around, heading towards the table with two plates, each with a huge omelet on it. She set down one plate in front of the empty chair on Dante's left, then leaned around behind him to set down the other one. Her houseguest was so tall that she had to lean in and over him, so her nose ended up almost touching his neck. She took a deep breath without thinking, and his scent assaulted her for the first time full force! Pine and leather with a spicy musk overwhelmed her senses, causing her to freeze and drop the plate still inches above the table, where it landed with a bang.