= Chapter 1 =

Shoes tapping on the tarmac, night misty and cold. Cold breath escaping the lips of the new arrival in town. Rain tapping on the corrugated and tiled roofs of houses, knocking on car windows and landing on the new figure shrouded in black. Soft (h/c) strands escaping from the material of the figures hood. Shifting of material between the figures clothes and their duffle bag full of belonging. The figures steps continue to drown out the sound of the rain. Moments later the sound of a trains horn rumbles beneath the figure feet. Getting closer and closer down the tracks towards the figure the ground continues to shack beneath its roaring engine. Bright red lights of the 50's light up the street in front of the tracks. Passing past the Chock'lot shop stepping onto the tracks once the train vanishes from sight. The steps don't just stop at the tracks but continue down the streets of the South Side of town. Stepping from tarmac to stone to grass the figure enters the trailer park.  Creaks emit from the wood stairs beneath the figure's weight. 

Bang Bang Bang. Three knocks on a trailer door echo through the park. 

"FP!" The voice's first words from their mouth travel around the air. The figures voice of a feminine tone sweet and soft yet strong and powerful. 

"FP!" The voice yells once more. There continues to be no sense of movement behind the trailer door. The figure comes to terms with the fact that no one is lurking in the small trailer, it turns, beginning to walk once more. Stepping again over the train tracks the figure stop and turns facing the 50's styled diner. Entering the store a small bell rings as the door knocks it. 

"Welcome to Pop's Chock'lot shop." A large old African-American man greets the figure. Entering the light the form of the person is distinguishable as a female. Pulling the hood from the figures head its (h/c) hair falls from it's hidden place. 

"Hi. Can I just grab a black coffee?" The figure bluntly mentions to the old man. 

"Sure." The man walks over to the glass coffee pot and lifts a mug from under the counter. Coming up to the (h/c) haired female the man places down the mug filling its contents with the brown bitter liquid. 

"Thanks." The females smiles at the man. As he walks away the figure perks up again. 

"Hey do you know where I can find FP Jones?" The girl questions the man. 

"I guess you haven't heard but he has been arrested -" The man is cut off by the girls suddenly rising from her seat he is unable to finish explaining his statement. 

"Arrested for what?!" Her voice worried, confused and concerned.

"There was a murder in town and he was accused of assisting with it but -" The man explains to the worried girl who cut off once more. 

"Do you know where I can find the Whyte Worm?" This particular questions worries the shop owner. 

"Its on the South Side, the other side of the tracks just a couple of streets down from the trailer park." He explains greatly worried about the young girls questions. 

"Thanks. Keep the change." Throwing a 20 dollar bill on the table the girls leaves the shop exiting the same way she came in. One final time that night the figure steps in the tracks, on then off. The streets still toned dark she moves towards the place she's been looking for trying to find someone to help her. 

The door of the bar swings open men and women watching the newly arrived girl. 

"Hey gurly we are closed." A large man with long, brown hair and a beard barks at the girl. 

"I'm looking for FP Jones, he said to come to him if I needed any help." She snaps back, infuriating the group.