Marlee

MPOV
I did not pay attention to the whole meeting. All I could think about was America. I thought about how she was gone because of me. If I had not been so selfish she would be here right now. If I had not been so stupid and had fought for her, we could be married and Eadlyn and Ahren would have had me in their lives.
This whole thing is my fault.
"Your Majesty?" One of the advisors asked.
"Hmm?" I replied, I had no idea what they were talking about.
"What do you think about the plan?"
Crap.
"It's good. I think it would work perfectly."
I said this instead of embarrassing myself and asking them to repeat themselves. They were smart and knew what I wanted. I'm sure whatever they were planning was a going to be just fine.
All advisers looked at me strangely. I plastered a fake smile on my face.
Finally the meeting was over and I all but ran out of the room.
I went back to the twins room. Marlee was with them. I had yet to tell her about the letter I received. It was killing me because America was her best friend but I didn't think I could handle it. I had not even told the guards. All they knew was that America was missing. Thy continued to look for her. I thought if everyone knew, it would make the fact that she was dead more real.
"Hello Your Majesty."
"Hey Marlee"
I was not in the mood to have a conversation. All I wanted to do was lock myself in my room and drown in sorrow.
"Can I ask what wrong Maxon?"
"It's America."
"We will find her Maxon."
I wanted to tell Marlee that we could find her, but it would be useless. She was dead.
"The twins keep asking for her but I don't have the heart to tell her that she's gone. She was their only parent, and because of me they lost her."
"It is not your fault Maxon."
"Yes it is Marlee if I had never brought her back here then she would be at home with her family safe. The rebels would have no reason to target her. It is all my fault."
"That's not true Maxon."
"I need to show you something Marlee, but not here, not in front of Eadlyn and Ahren."
Marlee looked at me worried.
"Just meet me in the gardens in thirty minutes."
Marlee left me alone with the twins.
I still had no idea what to do with them. That's why they needed America.
I looked at Eadlyn. She had America's icy blue eyes. I smiled.
Thirty minutes passed and I found myself in the garden waiting for Marlee I had the letter in my hand.
I saw Marlee come around the corner. She walked quickly clearly worried about what I had to say. I knew this was going to be hard.
Hard for me to tell her and hard for her to hear.
I was never the best at comforting women. I tried to remember what America taught me. But the thought of her only shattered my heart more.
"Maxon what is going on?!" Marlee shouted.
"Marlee...." I looked at her. Her face was pale and her eyes were wide. It looked like she had been crying but I was not sure.
I dogged in my pocket and pulled out the letter. I handed it to Marlee and she unfolded it.
She was about to start reading it when guards came running around the corner.
Aspen appeared.
"Your Majesty we found where the rebel's are holding America."

Authors Note
So I'm back. Sorry for disappearing again. I was busy with school. I had a bunch of state testing, essays, and final projects. But summer is here and I plan on finishing this book.
Sorry for the short chapter btw
Thank you guys so much for getting this story to 12K I'm freaking out. I just got bored one day and started writing this and you guys seemed to really like it.
Thank you so much
-Alison 🤟

QOTD
WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SCHOOL SUBJECT
AOTD
PHYSICS I ONLY PASSED THAT CLASS BECAUSE IF MY AMAZING FRIEND
THANK YOU FRIEND ( thinking of that class right now is making me mad)

FYI my lap top broke so I did this whole thing on my phone sorry if it is bad