Eight

"I called Elliot to pick..." Em stopped when she saw me on my bed. When I looked up from my book she was standing with her hand on her hip, giving me 'the look.'

"You better get your ass up right now, put on a sexy dress and put on your party face," she spoke, giving me no room for protesting as she walked over to my stereo and played her latino songs. Her songs always put me into a good mood.

"I was going to get up once I finished the chapter, by the way." I said as I started stripping.

45 minutes later I was dressed in a grey, thin strapped dress that hugged every inch of my curvy body. My hair was braided in two dutch braids and I had on natural makeup and pink lip gloss.

I was hopping around the living room trying to get my vans on when a loud knock came at the door.

"Emilyyyyyy!" I shouted and saw her fly through the kitchen to the door, swung it open and jumped right into Elliot's arms.

"You never hug me that enthusiastically," I said as I finally got my shoe on. "But it's cool, I get it. I don't just don't make the cut. I'm not tall, or buff and I don't have a penis," I continued as she broke free from the hug. She smacked my arm and Elliot just laughed.

"You ready to go, ladies?" He asked, not taking his eyes off Em's body.

"Oh god, yes please." I rolled my eyes and pushed past him, smiling when his cheeks reddened slightly.

I gagged internally when he opened the door for Emily and slapped her ass as he closed the door.

"You know, Elliot, I really think you should work on your favoritism," I rested my cheek on Emily's seat, peeping through from the backseat.

"You want me to open your door and slap your ass too?" He asked and met my eyes in the rearview mirror.

"If you want to keep your hand, I suggest you keep it to yourself." I smiled and I could practically feel Emily rolling her eyes next to me.

"Maybe you should get a boyfriend too, Rose." She remarked, knowing I would shut the topic down instantly. I gave her a small salute and slid back into the back seat, gazing out of the window until we reached the packed party house. We were parked and ready when my heartbeat sped up.

"Let's get our party on!" Emily shouted and I gave an energetic hoot, hiding my nerves. The music got louder and my nerves disappeared when the beer- stench house welcomed me.

People greeted Elliot and Emily as we walked, just staring at me. Rude, once again.

"Yeah, I'm getting something to drink," I announced and made a beeline for the kitchen while they made their rounds and greeted everyone.

The kitchen was surprisingly empty and I let out a deep, relieving sigh as I grabbed a cup and filled it with beer.

"Rose! You made it." A voice said behind me and my flesh broke out in goosebumps. I spun around and my smile dropped instantly when I saw Keegan standing next to Zane.

"Hi, Zane. I wouldn't miss it." I said and took a sip of my drink.

"Especially because it annoys me." Keegan mumbled before pouring himself a drink.

"Not everything is about you. I came for Zane, remember?" I smiled at Zane and he winked in return.

"Well, I was just about to start a beer pong game, would you like to join?" He asked which instantly made my excitement levels skyrocket.

"Uh, duh! I'm game." I said and followed him to a crowded living area with a ping pong table plopped in the middle.

"Soooo, guys," Zane shouted, gaining the attention of party-goers. "If you sit in this room, you play. It's Keegan and Becca against Rose and I. Pick your side, each time your side drinks- so do you." A round of applause broke out. "So choose wisely. And the winning team chooses the next game." He finished and took my hand in his.