And jokes aside, Molly put on the last Scream movie and they were to continue the bad horror marathon they had going. It was a thing, for sure, and next up was the never ending invasion of Piranhas combined with girls gone wild pornos.

 "Kelly Brook is definitely hotter naked," Peter argued in the middle of someone getting stabbed in the movie and Meredith disagreed firmly. 

 "No, Riley Steele is way fitter!" She seemed almost offended by his opinion, while Peter and Molly were finding their discussion far more interesting than the movie. 

 "I'd say Adam Scott would win that one," Molly cut in and the other three all looked at her. 

 "That's because you're the only one in the room who doesn't prefer females, sis." 

 "I'm just surprised she chose Adam over Steven R. McQueen. Vampire Diaries fan and all." Meredith looked genuinely surprised over her best friend's choice and then shook it off. "Though, I'd go for Jessica Szohr any day of the week." 

 "Can we just not discuss who we'd do while a photo of my grandma is staring at me, please?" Luka asked and made an attempt to go back to the movie. 

 "You wouldn't do anyone with that so called charm of yours," Molly teased him and for the rest of the night he kept quiet about the disturbing look from his Grandparents' wedding photo. 

 English class was not a pleasure per se. The downright embarrassing puns that came out of their teacher's mouth made the whole situation amusingly bizarre. In the hopes of it some day coming to an end, Luka poked Molly with his pen to annoy her. 

 "Would you stop that?" his sister snapped quietly and took the pen away from him, getting a set of low snickers from her brother. 

 "Have you seen Jordan today?" He took a quick look to see if their teacher was looking or not, fortunately the teacher had his eyes on the white board. 

 "Yeah, at lunch. Why?" Molly answered him and turned around, only to find Jordan's seat empty.

 "It's not like her to not be in class." 

 Luka was right, Jordan skipping class was as rare as seeing Mr. Willdale, their English teacher, have on a decent pair of pants and in all honesty he would rather see the latter happen. For obvious reasons.

 "Maybe she felt ill or somethin'. What's it to you?" His sister was confused to why he cared. That was something he usually avoided. 

 "I was gonna talk to her, it's been a few days.

 "You told her to take her time, hunk. Bite your tongue." 

 "I hate you," he informed her and she knew that already so that was the end of the conversation during that particular time of day. 

 Jordan hadn't skipped class that day, nor had she been sick. Her presence had been at Kindergarten where her little brother Vinnie had been in a smaller fight with one of the other kids and their dad had been unable to show up for the occasion. So a pass was handed to her my her mentor and she was off to see what had happened.

 The youngest Claver had yet to show his humble side when it came to the social skills of the family. Jordan had never been anywhere other than alone in the grass when she was his age and getting into a fight was odd for someone who shared her DNA. 

 "This can't happen again, Jordan," David, Vinnie's teacher, told her and sighed. "It's been getting worse." 

 "I know, I know. I'm trying to figure it out. He hasn't been like this before," she explained, trying to excuse her brother's behaviour. 

 "He's a great kid, but he's got some issues. Has there been any changes at home lately?"

 Jordan thought about it, looking back at everything going on, before shaking her head a bit.

 "Not that I can think of, maybe it's a faze?"

 "I'd really like to talk to your dad about this," David told her. You could call it a smaller demand from his side, which would be impossible with the schedule their father had. 

 "He's extremely busy. You know that."

 It was possible that Jordan saw it in his eyes, the answer to her brother's sudden tantrum and to why she was sitting there instead of her dad. She also understood that there was no second option to it, no way to get out of what had happened.

 "He has no choice," she whispered under her breath and looked down at her lap. It was somewhat pathetic that it had to come to this.

 "And I know that, but maybe he needs to make himself a choice this time around."

 David gave her the time to answer, but when nothing came out of her mouth he stood right up with a bright smile. With a simple hand-gestured she was directed to leave the office with him right behind.

 "I'll give your father a call. For now, take Vinnie home and give him some time to cool off, yeah?"

 David opened the door and Vinnie was sitting down next to it in one of the red chairs, his fingers tapping against the old Nintendo. He didn't even acknowledge his sister stepping out of the room before she patted him on the head. 

 "Let's go home, Champ," Jordan instructed him kindly and grabbed his backpack from the second seat. 

 "What about school?" he wondered in a small voice, the guilt very much see-through in his tone. 

 "I get a pass for this one," Jordan explained to her little brother so that he wouldn't worry and watched him stand up to take her hand in his free one. "Dad'll be home in three hours, so we'll hang out until then, alright?" 

 "Okay." 

 Jordan was on her way to swim practise that same evening when Molly got a hold of her. It was raining and the amount of water her hair had gathered was dragging her down to the ground, while thunder was present in the distance. 

 Molly caught up with her on the street with an umbrella held tight to her chest. The greeting was a simple touch on the shoulder and the movement of Jordan having to pull out her earbuds. Not the perfect way to be on speaking terms, but enough to act civil.

 "H-hi," Jordan stuttered out and regained her ability to hear the rain splatter against the pavement. 

 "I just wanted to ask you about the research, Luka tried getting a hold of you but he couldn't find you at school," Molly divulged and provided Jordan with a worried expression. 

 "Yeah, I got a pass from the nurse, I had a mayor headache," she lied and stuffed her pocket with the music. "And I told him I'd take my time, didn't I?" 

 "I know, but both him and Peter inpatient bitches," Molly blurted out without radiating any regret. "Also, my brother doesn't like bothering people. Even if he's a right tit when it comes to me." 

 "Okay?" 

 "You have brothers, right? You know what it's like," she continued and Jordan nodded knowingly. "And I'd hate to bother you too, but I'm in a bit of a rush myself, so I thought I'd be quick to ask you about it." 

 "Let Luka know I'll talk to him tomorrow," Jordan ordered her abruptly and put that down as an ending to the subject. Molly picked up on the annoyance and surmised that the conversation was about to end. "I have to go."

 And with that Jordan walked off the set like a madman and left Molly to watch her do so. 

author's note // this probably isn't perfectly edited, but you know what? I'm really digging this book and I've got a lot planned for the plot. Remember, English isn't my native, so I can make a few mistakes here and there, but comments are appreciated as always and messaging me is always a good option :) x