Kind Sister, Scary Mommy

Comenzar desde el principio

        “Alright, we’ll go stay at the Center for a while, then come back and battle later when you are well rested.” Jen summoned Gastly back into its pokeball and rode slowly to the Center, being ever so careful as to not wake Vulpix.

Back in Pallet Town

        The lights finally came back on sometime during the early afternoon, waking Lucy up from her sleep. She had forgotten to turn her lights off during the blackout.

        She sat up, stretched, and climbed out of bed. She was still tired, but she had to get up and start the day. She quickly got dressed into a yellow sundress and walked to the kitchen.

        The house was quiet, but she shrugged it off by pouring herself some coffee. She then grabbed a book and sat down to read a few chapters.

A few minutes later, she looked at the stairs and then at the clock on the wall. The time was 1:48. Jen and Libby had still not come downstairs.

        “Jen is probably still mad at me.” She thought to herself gloomily. She sighed. She was going to give Jen a few more minutes before going upstairs to talk to her.

        Lucy tried to go back to her book, but she couldn’t focus on the story. Her mind continued to wander back towards Jen. She had to talk to her daughter.

        Putting the book down, she glanced back up at the clock. It was 2:13.

She got to her feet and walked up the stairs. She passed by Libby’s room and saw a sticky on her door.

Dear Mom,

        It was good to see you and Jen again. Sorry I didn’t say good-bye in person. You looked exhausted and I didn’t want to wake you up at 4 A.M.

Hope you and Jen can make amends with each other some day. I know you love her, and she loves you, but it’s about time you let her live her own life.

      Love,

      Libby

        Lucy held the note in her hand, rereading it over and over again. After a minute of doing so, she crumpled the note in her fist and walked down the hall to Jen’s room.

        “Jen, honey?” She asked, lightly knocking on the door. “I’m coming in. I just want to talk to you.”

Jen’s room was empty.

        Lucy began to panic as she ran for Libby’s room. She threw the door open and found her room to be empty as well.

        “Where did she go this time? Oh, no, not again!” She howled as she raced downstairs. “Maybe she went to the store?” She glanced at the clock once more. It was 2:30. “No, she wouldn’t have been at the store for four hours. She doesn’t like being at any store for too long. Let’s see…I’ve been up since 11. I would have seen her leave…perhaps she is just outside. Yes…”

        Lucy quickly walked to the front door and opened it to see Mrs. Ketchum on the other side. Her arm was raised in mid-knock.

        “Oh, hello, Delia. What brings you here?” Lucy asked, shocked.

        “I heard that Jen had turned eighteen yesterday. I was going to tell her that Ash was going to be coming home today, and maybe he could give her some pointers as a new trainer. I’m sure he would be more than happy to do so.” Delia replied sweetly.

        Lucy frowned. “Jen is staying home. She is forbidden from becoming a trainer.”

        Delia flinched. “Oh…well, that’s a shame. I know Ash was really looking forward to seeing Jen and her starter Pokemon. Can she at least come over later just to see him, or perhaps he could come over-”

        “She’s grounded, Delia.” Lucy interrupted icily.

        Delia looked at her sadly. “I understand, Lucy. Talk to you later?” She said as she silently walked back to her home.

        Lucy grimaced. She hated seeing Delia upset, but she didn’t have time for her friend. She had to find Jen.

        She searched all over Pallet Town, but her search was in vain. She eventually arrived at the Pokemon Lab and saw Oak standing outside.

        “Good afternoon, Lucy…what’s the matter?” He asked when he saw the tears welling up in her eyes.

        “Have you seen Jen by any chance?” She asked softly.

        “Seen Jen?” Oak’s face began to pale.

        “Oak?” Lucy asked. Her tone grew harder when she saw the panic in his eyes.

        “I thought when Libby came by for Jen’s Pokedex last night…you didn’t change your mind?”

        Lucy froze before crumpling to the ground in a sobbing heap.

        “Lucy, I’m so sorry.” Oak apologized, bending down to her level. “If you want, I can help you find her.” The second he said those words he immediately regretted them. He liked Lucy and her daughters and wanted to help them in anyway he could, but he knew that Jen was miserable being locked up with her mom. It would only be torment for her if her mom forced her to return. Jen needed to leave Pallet Town to start her own life.

        “Oak…” Lucy’s icy voice ripped Oak from his thoughts. She was sitting up and glaring at him now. “You owe me that much. Take me to my baby.”