The Date Night: Part Two: Hating Demons

In which Maz is a horrid person and does his best to embarrass me in a restaurant full of people by being his stupid and seductive self.

I hate him.

I swear, this time I am telling the truth.

~~~~~

Maz led me into the restaurant and I felt my cheeks heat up as quite a few people turned their gazes towards us both. The maître d' stepped in front of us, his hand out and a small frown on his face. "I am sorry but we do not take walk ins-" Maz silenced him by pulling out that black credit card that I kind of itched to get my hands on and the man fell silent as he read it.

"I distinctly remember reserving the window table for my wife and I not two hours ago." Maz's voice was low and strangely compelling and the maître d' nodded, giving a rather slow swallow.

"I am so sorry, Mr. Linde." His words were low as he bowed low at the waist, giving a sweeping bow to us both. "Please, follow me." He moved into the main part of the restaurant and Maz tucked the card into his suit pocket before he lead me after the sharply dressed man.

"Mr. Linde?" Amusement flooded me at that and Maz gave me a look of utter confusion as if he couldn't grasp why on earth I was so utterly amused by the thought.

"Yes. I have no last name, it is only proper I take yours." He patted my hand gently, squeezing it just a fraction on the last pat. Warmth surged through me at the rather tender action and I felt a small but pleased flush coat my cheeks. How did he make that so utterly enchanting? I knew he was a magic demon and all but did he have to make me like him even more?

The maître d' led us to a table, setting down two menus as he turned and gave a sweeping gesture to the table. "Please sit. I shall return with the wine menu shortly." He bowed his head to us both and Maz merely waved his hand in a sharp dismissal. If I didn't know any better I would have thought Maz was a little miffed that he tried to treat us like riffraff.

"My mellilla." Maz grasped my hand from the crook of his elbow and raised it, brushing his lips over the back of it softly. "Please join me for dinner." The way he was looking at me let me know he was not thinking about eating actual food and it made me shudder. Images of just how he liked to eat fluttered through my mind and made my heart beat fast and my knees feel weak. I resisted the urge to fan my overly hot face as he gently guided me to a chair that he pulled out.

He stood behind it and when I went to sit down, his fingers brushed the jewels that rested on my collarbone. "Later, when I tie you to our bed, you will be wearing nothing but these." He murmured the words in that low voice that made my entire body shiver and shake as my knees went weak. I nearly fell into the chair gracelessly as his warm breath brushed over my ear and neck. "You are dressed as though you wish for me to unwrap you." His fingers brushed the column of my neck as he pushed my chair in and my cheeks heated to a degree that I felt everyone was staring at me.

I glanced around frantically, ensuring no one was looking at me before I narrowed my gaze on him. "You dressed me like this!" I resisted he urge to tug the dress to cover my cleavage that it so artfully exposed for him.

He raised an eyebrow as he sat across from me. "Did I?" How he managed to look so surprised was utterly beyond me. "Then I must have superb taste." He fairly purred the words out and the innuendo wasn't lost on me as my cheeks flared hotter. I pinched my lips together and frowned darkly at him. "I do not like it when my mellilla gets this look. What shall it be this time? A verbal slap or shall you wish for half of my wealth?" He looked almost amused at how flustered I was and I gritted my teeth.