Luci in the sky part 2

Start from the beginning

"Hannah, we're leaving, come on!" I snapped my head up at the sound of my 'other' name and ran to Kristin.

I entered the lecture a bit apprehensively, knowing I wasn't going to be able to concentrate at all. I was majoring in law, while Kristin was majoring in medicine. The lecture started when a man walked in who wasn't our usual lecturer, which had everyone scared as soon as he entered the room.

He walked into the middle of the small stage and said, "Hi, I'm Dr. Graham. Not as in a medical doctor but a PhD holder. In law might I add, for those smart-ass' and I know there's always one of you, that will ask."

I was concentrating now. This guy might actually be interesting. But as I looked closer, I couldn't help but think I recognised him from somewhere, it was hard to tell through his beard and chunky glasses which he was wearing, but he looked about fifty, maybe younger? Everything about him screamed old, but he seemed only about twenty-something in his face. It was hard to tell. But my interest was piqued.

I tuned out soon enough though, when my attention turned back to letter. I was scared it's true. I keep telling myself that I'm not, that I'm conquering my fears. But I guess in all honesty I haven't because the only thing I've done is run away and hide under another name. I didn't want to open but I knew I should, Mark was one sick guy and I knew that anything he said he would go through with.

I peeled back the edge of the envelope, seeing no return address on the other side. In side there was a little piece of folded up paper. I pulled it out and unfolded it.

"HI Hannah, or do you prefer Luci? You better watch your back because your world is about to come crashing down.

Yours truly, M"

I read it and re-read it, trying to figure it out. I was so engrossed in this that I didn't realise I was still in the lecture until I heard the beeping of my cell phone getting a message.

"Don't look so surprised Han. Did you think you could outrun the past forever? I see you, can you see me?" I froze and looked around the crowded lecture hall, there were about five people on their cell phones. But I couldn't see anyone that I would even label as suspicious, I knew everyone. I started to hyperventilate, this was not good.

I couldn't just get up and leave by myself that would make me an easy target. I had to wait out the lecture.

My nerves were ticking nervously as everyone started to file out. I headed straight for the auditorium where Kristin was and on the way smacked into Caden. He glared at me for a minute then softened his expression when he saw who I was.

When I say softened, it was still cold enough to freeze, suffice to say that Caden was as cold as dry ice.

"Hey. I guess I'll be seeing you tonight yeah?" I said to him.

He gave a curt nod and a sharp wave brushing me off like some gnat. Yep, same old Caden, I was dreading third wheeling anything that included Caden.

I saw Kristin wave me over to some of our other friends, Jules and Miranda. I smiled to them all, still feeling a bit off from the text message, it was like being in a crowd with a spotlight on you. I felt everyone staring.

Kristin whispered to me, "Are you right Han? I mean you look pale."

I nodded, a 'yeah, I'm fine, don't worry' nod back to her and she sent me her 'whatever you say' eye stare.

"Are you guys coming tonight?" I asked Jules and Miranda.

"Yeah, actually we were just saying that we are meeting the guys at the club, so if we come over to your apartment we can taxi it together?" Jules was a rambler and I cut her off short.

"Yeah, yeah. Of course." I smiled, "See you around seven." I gave the courtyard a quick once-over before heading back to the apartment.

*****

The girls arrived at seven to get ready, I had already showered and straightened my hair. I took little pieces and curled them and teased other bits, flicking it to give it some volume. I made sure that my eyes were a smoky brown colour and I bronzed my tan chest.

Kristin was in my bedroom when I came out, along with Jules and Miranda. I smiled, "Oh no, this looks like an intervention, what are you doing?"

"We are dressing you tonight, because you have no dress sense whatsoever." Miranda stated, she flicked her blonde bob and long legs as she walked to the cupboard and picked out a few things. She chucked me a little black dress that was low cut down the front, a dark red party dress and a pair of black skinny's with the rips in them that went with a grey low cut singlet and lace bra.

I tried all the outfits, finally deciding on the skinny jeans and singlet. They chucked me some gold heels and we were ready to go; Kristin in a slinky purple dress, Jules in shorts and a dance tee, and Miranda in faded jeans and an off shoulder leopard print shirt.

We headed out the door, and I tried to get in the mood, but the whole time, my mind keeps jumping back to Mark, then to my friends, then back to Mark again. It was going to be a long night.

As our taxi rolled up to the night club at around eleven, we walked to the guy at the door and I told him that we were here with James. James' dad owns the place and he was one of my best guy friends. The big guy nodded and let us through, earning a lot of groans from the people in line. We were here often enough anyways that it was no big deal.

I walked in and walked up to Caden, James and a few of our other friends. I smiled and waved, hugging each of them.

I turned around just in time to catch the end of Caden's sentence to Kristin, "....this is my Cousin, Mark." Just before I locked eyes with the one person I never wanted to ever see again.

-----------------------------------------------

So that's part two, if you're reading this, please vote! Just hit the little button! it would help me heaps with getting people to read this. Come on, yep just push the button that's all it takes and you've done me a huge favor.

Thanks guys