Epilogue

The freezing cold water was cloudy, stained red because of the girl's blood. Deep within the murky ocean, the shine of the metal spear running through her chest could be seen from the surface. Transparent, glowing blue wings seemed to surround her body, the light shining as bright as ever. Her skin was paling, the tips of her fingers gradually turning blue. Her lips, left parted slightly, had long since turned purple, bubbles from the last breath she had taken escaping her lungs and releasing from her mouth. 

And against all odds, her eyes snapped open. 

Her vision was cloudy as she tried to move her fingers. It was as though every nerve in her body was on fire, the numbness making it difficult to feel her limbs. Pain flooded her body as she reached to her chest, grasping the spear handle with both hands before her eyes blazed bright blue. 

A wave of blue energy expanded over the weapon, shining white before it blinked out of existence. Blood poured out of the hole through her heart, making her quickly look to the large breach in the ice above her where she had fallen through. She suddenly arched her back in pain, a muffled scream escaping her mouth paired with a cloud of bubbles. Ice seemed to climb along the transparent wings, the light appearing to pulse as though they were veins inside of the casing of ice. 

Her body began to take over for her, her mind no longer in control as she beat her wings before shooting up to the surface and rocketing out of the water. She practically fell onto the ice, coughing up water and blood before rolling over onto her back and staring up at the night sky. Her wings were spread out beneath her, the crystallized surface refracting the full moon's glow. She suddenly noticed something...missing. 

The excruciating pain that was supposed to be in her chest. 

She propped herself up on her elbows, looking down at her chest before furrowing her brow. The wound seemed to be filled with long ice crystals, a glowing blue light coming from the center pulsing as though it was the beat of her heart. She touched the tip of one of the crystals, a burning sensation being sent through her fingers. She didn't have time to wonder how the icy cluster had formed, didn't have time to wonder why the wings she had made from her magic had frozen to her back, and certainly didn't have time to wonder about how she was even alive in the first place. Jay looked to the left, hoping, praying that the portal was still open, but since Ash - the creator of the portal - was no longer alive, it was gone. Jay slammed her hand on the ice in frustration, her back hitting the ice to let her stare up at the stars.

Suddenly, she sat up upon feeling the sensation of something breaking into her mind. She held her head in pain as her eyes rapidly switched between icy blue and blood red, the color of her iris' finally settling on a deep shade of red. 

Her lips curled up into a sickening grin, a malicious chuckle coming from deep within her chest. 

An expression that she had not made, and a sound that she had not created. 

"Oh, this is going to be so much fun, Love." 

~ T͎̙̪̠̫̐hͯ̐e̘̰̍̈͆ ̜͆ͤͦ̃͋̆E̲̻̤͚̪̽̐ͯ̇͂̀̓n̐͂̍͋͑̔̀d̮̟̞͍͍͎̣ ~