Dream.

Her eyes fluttered open as she took a look around the room she was in. She instantly recognized this cold, stone, and dark cell as her home at HYDRA. She felt a pain in her feet and noticed that they were bleeding heavily. Jay remembered this day, she was eleven at the time. They had made her walk across glass. The goal of the exercise was to get her to learn how to use her magic to levitate cards to make a bridge over the glass. She refused to let these monsters use her magic, so she stared the director of the experiment straight in the eyes as she walked across the shattered glass pieces. She barely flinched as the shards pierced her skin. Jay had gotten used to glass since her father had constantly thrown glass bottles at her.

The lead scientist glared at her through the glass as she stood with her arms crossed, making him signal to a few men to go into the closed-off room and retrieve her. Every time she had disobeyed them, HYDRA had tortured her for hours before they finally sent her back to her room.

So, there she was now, sitting in a fetal position on the cold, hard, ground of her cell as a small pool of blood gradually formed where her feet were.

Her mind suddenly went blank, a bright white forcing her eyes open. Three guards came into her room, picking her weak and frail body up by her arms and dragging her to the experimenting room. They strapped her down to a chair and several doctors stood by her side, speaking to each other in Russian. She had picked up a few words from her time here, and the only things she caught were 'ice', 'elemental', and 'alien'. She frowned, not knowing at all what they meant by that.

A few hours later of needles, her screaming, and pain later, she completely lost it. A blood-curdling scream erupted from her throat, her back arching as she pulled at the restraints. She heard someone call for more guards when suddenly her father ran in with a stern look on his face. She only got more infuriated by his appearance, her hands being surrounded by red and black mist. The medical tools started to float off of the trays beside the table she was strapped to, and she levitated them to cut her restraints. She leaped up, thirty different sized blades floating behind her as her eyes blazed red.

"Don't do this, Jaylynn." Her father growled, taking a dagger out of his belt.

A sickening grin appeared on her face as she tilted her head to the side. "This will be fun." She started laughing hysterically as she began to slice the throats of every HYDRA agent that entered the room. She preferred to fight her father hand-to-knife, so she was simply holding him off by giving him a hard kick in the stomach or balls. One of the men who came in happened to have her training deck of cards in his pocket.

She instantly smirked, sensing his mistake as she pointed her hand at him. All forty-eight of the cards flew out of his pocket and in a circle pattern around the room. Everyone looked at her fearfully as she stood with an inflated chest to make her look more menacing. With one swipe of her hand, ten of the men dropped to the ground as the cards slit their throats. Her father charged at her, tackling her to the ground and holding the dagger above his head. Her eyes widened as he brought the dagger down onto her left eye.

She screamed bloody murder as she threw his body off of her, clutching the bleeding eye as her face contorted in pain. She tore the blade out of her head, a now gaping black hole in her eye socket. She glared daggers at her stepfather, menacingly walking forward as her grip tightened on the bloody dagger. Suddenly, there was a gunshot, and she felt a tremendous pain in her shoulder. She looked over to her shoulder, seeing the red liquid stain her clothes. All of the cards in the room stopped swirling around, ceasing in movement altogether.

Jay dropped to her knees, falling unconscious as the blood loss became too much.