Chapter 1

"Hey! Ava! Get your ass out of bed NOW!" I rolled my eyes. My brother has such a nice way of waking me up. Not. I flung my legs out of bed and padded downstairs to have some coffee to wake me up. "Wow, look who's finally up! its Avvvvvvyyyyy!" one of my best friends, Chloe said. "That is such a dorky nickname, Chlo" I replied, swatting her on the arm. "And anyway, we are still on schedule so we will arrive in London on time" I said, grinning. It was the holidays and me, my two best friends, and my annoying older brother were going down to our holiday house in London for the summer, mainly because I had some dance auditions and comps down there. We live 7 hours away, and this was the first year we've gone without our parents there to keep an eye on us. I would have preferred to have gone without my brother but he was the one driving. I grabbed my mug of coffee and turned around to go back upstairs. Before I could leave the room, my other best friend Camila walked in and gave me a hug. "Morning!" She said, smiling at me. "Wait, how come you're already dressed?" I asked. She rolls her eyes. "Because we are leaving in ten minutes? Everyones ready! Why are you still in your pyj-" "Shit!" I yelled as I ran up the stairs, leaving my coffee on the table. I heard laughter from downstairs as I rushed to get ready.

I pulled on a skirt and a t-shirt, grabbed my already packed bag and shot down the stairs again, standing at the door with 1 minute to spare. As we got the car packed up, my mum was standing at the door. "Remember to be safe, and ring us whenever you want to." She said anxiously. "MUM! We will be fine. You worry too much." Said my brother, Alex, kissing her on the cheek. "Yeah, we'll be fine, mum, don't worry. I won't take any sweet from strangers unless they're really fit!" I teased. She rolled her eyes and hugged me tightly. "Bye, Chloe, bye Camila" my mum said, hugging them. Finally, after what seemed like an hour, we got in the car and started on our long journey to London. After being in the car for 4 hours, listening to all 3 of The Scripts albums', putting my pointe shoes on and dancing around the petrol station when we stopped (and getting kicked out of said petrol station), and eating a whole packet of tic tacs, I fell asleep, dreaming about what will happen during the holidays.

Finally, we arrived in London at our holiday house. I stretched my legs, unlocked the car door and walked down the drive to the house. We all grabbed our bags and my brother took ages trying to find the keys for the house. "For gods sake Alex, hurry up and open the damn door!" Camila said. He rolled his eyes and finally unlocked the door. Me and the two girls ran inside, dumping our bags in one huge room which has three beds in it, along with a TV and a computer. We always slept in this room, it was our favourite one. We all walked into the kitchen. "Ok, what are you girls going to do today?" Paul asked. "Um, I think we should go into the city to do some shopping, and we can have lunch." I replied. "We'll get our bikes out of the garage" Chloe said, we all have additional bikes here as we come here every year. "Alright, that's fine. Call me if you need me, and don't come back too late, I'm meeting up with Sam at ten and I'm staying at his" Alex said. He has loads of friends in London and he always stays with them while we are here. He's barely at the holiday house! We said goodbye to him, grabbed our bikes and cycled into the centre of town. "Where shall we go first?" Chloe asked, after we locked our bikes up. "TOPSHOP!"

Camila and I exclaimed in unison, grinning. "Topshop it is!"

After going to Topshop, New Look, Forever 21, Miss Selfridges, Claire's and H&M, we were all laden down with bags of clothes, makeup, and in my case, lots of bobby pins, hairspray and deodorant. We go to the nearest restaurant, which is Nandos. "Whoa, how many bobby pins did you buy?!" Chloe said, smiling. "Yeah, I thought you already packed around 500 packs?" Camila joked. "Hey, you never know how many you might need, I don't want my bun falling out during an audition!" I said, grinning back at both of them. We ordered our food, I had a salad, Chloe had a chicken burger and Camila had a chicken wrap. After we had finished, we decided to go for a bike ride around the city.