6: The Fault In The Stars

Chapter Six: The Fault In The Stars

My feet were completely glued to the ground. Oh God, he can see us? I have no idea what to feel. I know I should be happy he can see us, but now I kinda feel confused. I mean, why can he see us?

Enrique was now walking towards us. His hair was an a usual array of messy strands on his head, styled in a way as if to look like he ran his hands through his hair all day. I was just about to call out his name, when he passes through me (yes, he passed through me! How insulting is that?), to speak to a middle-aged nurse who was sitting at the station, who was right behind us.

"You know that guy?" Jeron asks.

I try to mask my disappointment. "Uh, yeah. He's, uh, Quen, my sister's boyfriend."

He puts one of his hands in my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Julia. I know how much you want to get out of here..." His voice trails off.

Enrique now has directions to my room and is probably off to see my sister. I watch him walk to the direction of my room. I turn my attention back to Jeron. After all, we only had each other here.

"Not really," I deny. "And even if I find a way, you know I can't leave you here all alone." I tell him, giving him a teasing smile.

He chuckles. "That's pretty comforting to hear, you know."

"Wanna walk back to 408?" I ask.

"So you can suffer, seeing your sister and the boy you like do something inappropriate, like make out, in front of your poor, comatose state?" He says bluntly in a joking way.

"You're right..." I nod. "That would be one heck of a show though." I laugh. Never in my life have I ever joked about Quen and my sister's relationship. "You got a better place in mind?" I asked.

He shrugged. "What time is it?" He wondered aloud, turning to look at the clock behind the front desk. We both note that it is now almost six in the afternoon. "Do you want to see my favorite hangout around this time of the day?" He asks, a hopeful smile emerging on his face. He offers a hand.

I thought about going back to the room to see what Quen was doing there, but maybe Jeron was right. He was obviously here to see my sister. I take Jeron's hand. "Sure."

He leads me up a number of flights of stairs and I didn't realize where he was taking me until the last few steps.

"The rooftop?" I breathlessly asked.