"So like a dance off but... trampoline off?" Kyle, a blonde guy with round glasses yells.

"Exactly Kyle- right come on girls!"

I jump onto the trampoline- they're proper Olympic trampolines but there's only two of them due to the expensis they'd have to pull out their pocket to get more. I begin to jump to warm up, getting higher and higher.

"Right girls in three... two... one... begin the routine!" Humphreys blows his whistle and we begin.

We both do the same routine; straddle, pike, seat-drop, seat drop into 360 up, back bounce, front bounce, back bounce into front bounce and then front flip and backflip.

We go head to head and it's the last two moves. Front Flip and backflip. I do the front flip and land, then Casey does the same but she stumbles a bit, people around us contain laughter. Then the backflip. I clean it and so does Casey but I have a trick up my sleeve, before we finish, I do a back handspring into a backflip and everyone cheers.

"This'll be the last time you win pebbles, be warned!" Casey stomps her foot and gets off the trampoline.

Flynn grabs me and hoists me down onto the ground.

"You did great El," He mumbles.

"Thanks scissors," I giggle

We enter the canteen and sit down in the seat in the corner

"Pasta anyone?" Tom asks. I nod and smile. "On me El, you did good today." He walks off into the line leaving me and Flynn alone.

"So... you do good trampolining, how did you learn?" Flynn asks.

"When I lived at home with my parents, we had a trampoline out on the grass verge, the whole apartment kids would play on it and so I used to use it almost everyday and just learnt."

"Where's your parents now?"

"Oh...um..." I look down and twiddle my thumbs.

"Oh sorry, I shouldn't of ask-"

"No, no it's okay, I'll tell you when I'm ready." I give him a sad smile and he holds my hand from across the table.

"You have beautiful eyes," He mumbles to me, looking right into them.

"Flynn, please, they're horrible, just boring brown," I say.

"Hey, no, they're not just brown, they look like gold most of the time, like pools of honey," He says and I blush, he's so cute but kinda cheesy, I giggle.

"Thanks, well your eyes are also beautiful," I say. "Like sparkling emeralds."

He smiles and leans across the table. Is he going to kiss me?

"Got the pasta, it's pesto today!" Tom interrupts and Flynn moves back. "Bro, did I interrupt something?"

"No no, it's all good give me that fork! I'm starving." Flynn lets go of my hand and begins to eat and so do I.