Learning The Truth

I decided to name the kid Player, since they're meant to be the person you play as in the game. So, deal with it, since I don't want to give them an actual name.

Baldi and y/n's chat didn't last long, since Baldi claimed that he needed to finish some work. y/n understood and decided to return to his classroom. Once he got to his class, he noticed that the kid from before was waiting outside of the class, a fearful look on his face. They had six notebooks with them.

"Why are you here?" y/n questioned. The kid looked even worse then before. They were shaking and seemed on edge. The kid jumped at the sound of a voice, but tried their best to stay calm.

"C-Can I stay in your class for a bit?" They asked, although it was very quiet. y/n stood up straight and stared down at the kid. This is the second time they wished to hide away in the English teacher's class. What are they hiding from? What has them so shaken? y/n wouldn't lie, this place was strange, but there wasn't anything to be afraid of. Or so he thought.

"You can come in, but you have to tell me what's wrong." y/n said, concern in his voice. The student glanced around before nodding. y/n opened the door and moved to the side, allowing the kid to enter the room. He closed the door behind him and sat at one of the many desk for the students. He then motioned to the desk next to him, signaling the kid to sit down. The kid did so, placing the notebooks on the nearby desk.

"What's going on with you?" The teacher asked.

"It's Baldi." The kid muttered, looking terrified. y/n gave him a confused glance.

"What do you mean?"

"He's insane! He's been hunting me down since I got here." The kid exclaimed, tears threatening to fall. This only confused y/n more. He knew Baldi could be aggressive at times, but he would never hurt a kid. Right?

"Baldi's a nice guy-"

"That's what I thought! He was so kind and cheerful when I first meet him. It only took one wrong question and next thing I know, I was being chased down the halls." They explained, shaking even more.

"You are the only person here I can trust." He mumbles. Although y/n didn't understand what the kid was talking about, he still felt bad. The child was so scared. They wouldn't act like this for no reason.

"Doesn't your friend have seven notebooks?" y/n asks. The kid nods.

"How about I help you find the last notebook. Then you can leave." y/n states. The kid looks up with hope in their eyes.

"Really?" They ask, wiping the tears away.

"Sure." They smiled and thanked y/n, looking much less scared. They get up and grab the other notebooks. y/n saw that the kid had trouble carrying the notebook and decided to grab his bag.

"You can put them in here." He said while holding out his bag for the kid to put the notebooks in. The teacher didn't have much except his binder and pencil, which didn't take up that much space. The kid nodded and placed the books in the bag. That's when y/n realized something.

"I never got your name." He muttered. The kid looked up and replied, "I don't want to say my real name. Just call me Player." 'Weird nickname, but I won't question it.' y/n thought. The two exited the class and started their search for the last notebook.

"I believe it was in the class next to detention." Player said, pointing down the hall. y/n nodded and followed the kid down the hall. That's when he heard it. A slapping ruler, just like before.

"What is that?" He asked under his breath. Player's eyes widened as he grabbed y/n's hand and ran down the hall. Luckily the principal wasn't there. They entered the classroom and saw the black notebook on the desk.

"Yes!" They went over to the book only to see a strange machine with three Math problems. Player answered the first two with ease, but quickly put the incorrect answer for the last one.

"Your not going to leave that answer wrong, are you?" y/n questioned. He knew the question was somewhat harder then the others, since it included multiplication, but it was still quite simple.

"You can read it?" Player asked with hope. y/n nodded.

"You can read it to, right?"

Player's POV

"No." I answered honestly. I knew that the teachers could read the problems but the students couldn't. I found that out not long ago. I placed the machine down and grabbed the notebook, tugging y/n into the hallway.

"Congratulations! You found all seven notebooks!" A familiar voice echoed throughout the halls. y/n looked around before muttering, "Baldi?"

"Now all you need to do is... GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN!" Baldi's voice shouted, followed by a small laugh. The walls turned blood red. y/n's eyes widened as he grabbed my hand and dashed down the hall, the slapping noise only getting louder. y/n and I were fast, but Baldi was much faster. We spotted the exit an ran faster, hoping to reach it before Baldi got to us.

"No running in the halls." Oh no. Without warning, the principal snatches me from y/n. In the blink of an eye, I was in the detention room, the slapping to close for comfort.

"30 seconds. Detention for you." The principal says, leaving the room and locking the door. I flipped him off when he was gone. I was so close to getting out of here. Then he ruined it! The thing that caught my attention was the figure standing at the window. Him. Baldi entered the detention room, slamming the door behind him.

"You really thought you could escape this place? You even wanted to take him with you." Baldi said coldly, although he still had a smirk.

"You mean y/n? He probably wants to leave just as much as me after seeing what this place is really like!" I shouted. y/n was the only sane person here. Not to mention he was so caring. He did't belong in this hell!

"Oh. That's to bad. You see, he's stuck here." Baldi claims.

"And you will be too." I noticed my detention time was up and ran past Baldi, rushing down the halls.

"Get back here!" Baldi screeched from behind me. I need to find y/n and get out of here.