The New Teacher

Baldi's POV

It was just another normal day. I was waiting for the new student to arrive. But we weren't just getting a new student. The principal hired a English teacher, since he thought the school could use another subject other then math. I hated this. Math was the superior subject. Why do we need anything else? I tried to talk to the principal about it, but he insisted that it would benefit the school. While looking through the stack of papers on my desk, I soon heard footsteps. I got out of my chair and scanned the hallway. That's when I saw a guy who I didn't recognize. Must be the knew teacher. I groaned under my breath as I watched him enter one of the classrooms. The principal told me to act nice to the new guy, although I hate the subject he teaches. Everyone always picked English over Math. But I pushed those thoughts aside and put on the best smile I could and entered the class. The man glanced away from his book and smiled at me.

"Oh, hello there. I'm y/n, the English teacher." He introduces himself, holding a hand out for me to shake. I shake his hand, trying to keep my smile.

"I'm Mr. Baldi! The Math teacher." I say in my usual happy tone. y/n then took out some pages from his bag and placed one on each desk. I decided to leave, not wanting to be in the class any longer. Once I entered the hallway, my eyes landed on the confused student looking around. I smiled and made my way over to them, introducing myself.

"I-I'm looking for my friends notebooks. They said they left them in the school." The kid explains.

"Well, you can gladly go look for the notebooks. But I will quiz you each time you find a notebook. Is that ok with you?" I didn't wait for the kid to reply.

"Great! Now you go along now! The first notebook shouldn't be that hard to find." I exclaim, pushing the student down the hall. This should be fun.

y/n's POV

A few minutes after I finished setting up for class, a small child stumbles into my class. They seemed to be searching for something.

"Hello, little one! What can I do for you today?" I question, kneeling down to stare at the kid. The kid nodded and claimed that he was looking for his friend's notebooks. Well, I did see a pink notebook on my desk when I first entered. I didn't think much of it and put it away.

"I know where one of the notebooks are. But I will only give it to you if you get these question right." I tell the kid, giving him one of the worksheets that covered the desks. It was nothing to hard. It was just spelling and the words were everyday words. It should be easy for them. They seem smart enough. The kid shyly smiles and takes the paper, picking up a nearby pencil. They circled all the right answers, but stopped when they got to the last question. I stared at them in confusion before asking, "What's wrong?" The word was pretty simple. It was island. The kid looks at me with a worried look on their face.

"I need help with the last one." They mutter. I force a smile and sound out the word for them. The child just stares at me as if I was speaking gibberish. The kid slowly turns back to the page and circles the wrong spelling.

"That is incorrect." I tell them in a monotone voice. They look up at me in fear. I just put on a smile and walk over to my bag, taking out the dull, pink notebook.

"Here you go." I hand the child their notebook, which they quickly takes. They mumble a thank you before running off. That was odd. I picked up the sheet and glanced at the last question. How did they get this wrong? And why did they seem so scared? I shrug and go back to my desk. What a strange first day.