Touched by Darkness

Chapter 1

'Witch, Witch You're a Witch'  they chant at me as i walk pass them in the hallway. Mandy and her clones. 

Its been  410 years since the Salem witch trials and you'd think that they would come up with something new . I shake my head and walk off, not saying anything. You see its true what they're saying about me. I am a witch, my mothers a witch, my fathers a witch, heck my whole family are witches. My parent's decided to 'main stream' when i was 7 so we ended up here in Danvers Mass. 

'You're not listening to me, are you Tasie?' Says Tilly looking at me with bright green eyes. Matilda Annabel Montgomery is my best friend. We have been inseparable since we were 3, so when my folks went 'main stream' so did Tilly's. Tilly is the complete opposite of me. We're both tall but thats were our similarities end. Tilly is blond haired, green eyed and athletic built, were as I am Raven haired (thats where my name comes from), curvy and have purple eyes. Oh and i forgot to mention Tilly is a shifter. 

'Sorry Tills what did you say?' I ask, fixing her with my full attention.

'I asked if you were coming to Theo's party Satrday night' she sighs at me in frustration.

'Erm, I dont think so Tills. Its Halloween and my birthday after all. Grandma Star is coming to visit you know what mom is like ' I say wishing that I could go to the party. 

'Maybe this year will be different' she smiles at me and opens her locker, putting her books away. Mandy and her clones walk past and bump me deliberately.

'Oh Sorrrrry' she says sarcastically ' didnt see you there Witch' 

' Did I hear you talking about MY boyfriends party?' she asks twirling one of the stupid scarves she has taken to wearing. 

Tilly turns and looks at her brightly. A huge fake smile plastered to her face. 

'Oooh nice scarf Mandy. Where did you get it?' she askes insincerely 

Mandy starts to preen 'Well ...' she begins, but Tilly cuts her off. 

' Yeah its nice i think my Nanna would love it if i got her one just like it' she says laughing. i drop my head down and try not to let my shoulders roll as i laugh. Tilly shuts her locker and we walk off as Mandy works herself up into the mother of all hissy fits.

'You shouldnt have said that' i say as we make our way through the dining hall with our lunch. 

'Shouldnt have said what?' askes Dillon sitting down next to Tilly and kissing her soundly. Dillon is Tillys boyfriend who is also a shifter. Thank god Mandy and the rest of the humans dont know about us really. 

'I asked Mandy where she got her scarf so i could get Nanna Montgomery one' she smiles at Dillon and he laughs loudly. 

' She being mean again Tasie ?' he askes me and i smile slightly.

'Nothing that my family hasnt heard in the last 400 years' i reply. 

'Hey T come over here' bellows Dillon across the room to Theo who has just walked in. Theodor Dark is so beautiful to look at it hurts, he looks like a film star with his dark hair and blue eyes, he's a Supe too but none of us know what sort. He wont tell anyone not even Dillon who is his best friend. I've had a crush on him since he started school here 2 years ago but he makes me uncomfortable. And he dates Mandy so he cant be very bright either. 

I keep my eyes on my lunch as Theo approaches us and sits next to me. 

'Hey man' he says bumping fists with Dillon. 'Whats new?'

'Your girlfriend is being a pain in the butt' says Tilly sweetly. 

I can feel Theo's eyes on me but im trying hard not to look at him. Every time i do i go bright red, its not a good look and really embarrassing.

'Whats Mandy done now?' he asks me 

' Nothing that she hasnt done for the last 11 years' I reply. I look up at him, the pull is just too much and i find myself meeting is bright blue eyes and unable to look away. 

Theo looks as shocked as i feel and looks away first. I can hear Tilly going on about the party Saturday, and i try and focus on what she is saying.

'So do you think you might get out of the family stuff Tasie?' she asks me again. I know why she is doing this. She's hoping Theo will ask me himself.

'Erm .. i dont think so, but i'll try. Okay?' i say looking back at my plate. 

' You should come Anastasia. I'd like it if you could be there' I look up starteld and find my self looking at Theo. Its then i realise that Theo hasnt spoken aloud but directly into myhead. 

'How can you..?' i think directly at him and he shakes his head looking shocked. 

'i'll tell you at the party' his thoughts tell me. 

Its then i figure out what sort of Supe Theo is and the feeling hits me square in the chest he's a Vampire. This is going to cause all sorts of problems beause not only is he a Vamp he's also my blood mate . Crap.