“You sure you don’t want to invite some other friend of yours? I mean I can’t be the only man friend you have.”

Harry replied to me in a rather half bored assed tone, “I told you already, you were the top of my contact list. If you don’t want to have dinner with me, that’s fine. I can ask someone else. I know other people besides from you. But I’m also paying for this dinner, just so you know.”

A smirk appeared across my lips, “Why didn’t you say so earlier? I’m definitely in if there’s free food involved.”

“Typical,” I heard Harry sigh on the other side of the line and then added before I could ask him what he meant by ‘typical’, “The place is fancy so you might want to not wear some tacky pair of pants or jeans. Also just a reminder this is just a dinner, it’s not a date. So don’t be awkward and bring me chocolates or flowers or something cheesy like that.”

“I won’t but hey Harry ?”

“What?”

“This dinner,” I found myself smiling as I could practically hear Harry scowling across the line, “was this dinner meant to be a date? Not a date for me but a date for that friend that bailed on you?”

I was answered with the sound of a dead dial tone as Harry hung up on me. I couldn’t help but laugh at his overdramatic action. Before I could call him back to apologise he had managed to message me the time and place of this ‘just a dinner’ event.

Choosing an outfit wasn’t as difficult as I had first thought. Unlike some people I only had one or two pieces of clothing that could be categorised as ‘fancy’. I wore the old suit I had which I wore every time I had a job interview. The tie chocked my neck and I wanted to rip it off or at least pull my shirt from my pants. My attire wasn’t anything amazing compared to what Harry  was used to but it was fancy enough.

I had met Harry on the way to the restaurant. We had met at the foyer outside the restaurant on the tenth level of a hotel I had never heard of. Harry gave me a judgemental glance over my attire. I could feel his eyes rip me piece by piece as he approached me with a frown.

“What are you wearing?” he asked me instead of greeting me like a normal person.

I shrugged, “You said fancy.”

Harry was quick to yank at my tie to lose it from around my beck and pulled my shirt rather aggressively. “Too fancy, you’re too fancy,” he muttered under his breath.

Harry himself was wearing a pair of pants the colours of rich plums and a simple black buttoned shirt. He didn’t bother with a tie which made me feel rather overdressed. It was no wonder why he was so quick to loosen my tie. I looked as if I was ready for some kind of business meeting but it wasn’t my fault the only things fancy in my wardrobe was the suit I wore to every work application meeting. My wardrobe consisted of printed tees and a whole bunch of fitted jeans.

“Sorry,” I replied as he looked over at me as if I was not meant to hear his ramblings but he shrugged it off with his usual decorum, which other words meant his attitude.

“Let’s just get inside,” he suggested as he wondered over to the hostess and asked for our table.

I was distracted by the overall layout of the restaurant to pay any attention to him. The entire building was made of glass which overlooked the skyline of the city below. The distant lights almost appeared like organised twinkling stars whilst the real stars shone dimly up against the dark night sky. The tables of the restaurant were draped with white table cloths and thankfully for me a single fork, spoon and knife were sitting at each table. I had been worried that the restaurant was one of those places with a thousand spoons just for drinking soup and a million knives for various cuts of meat. Thankfully it wasn’t, if I was going to spend half an hour trying to find the soup spoon I would have simply left. I imagined that Harry knew his fine dining and anything of high class etiquette; it seemed like something he would know just for the sake of impressing people.