3. The Dream's Discovery

Start from the beginning

"What did you just do?" Jemma asked, looking at the formula over my shoulder.

"I created a virus that should render her computer useless for two hours," I said excitedly. "Once Daisy tries to open the system, it will spread deep enough into her computer system and wipe out all of her access codes. It can't be fixed until two hours after it was first discovered. Hopefully it will buy us more time to lock her out."

"Are you sure it will work?"

"Positive," I smirked. "I used this one on my dad once for setting a small bomb off in my room as a prank. She won''t get rid of it so quickly."

"Nice one, Stark," he murmured. I smiled and rubbed my eyes again. Jemma squinted at me.

"Isabel, how long has it been since you've slept?" I knew I couldn't lie.

"Two days since I've arrived?" I answered sheepishly. Jemma grabbed my arm and started to march me toward her lab and sat me down. "Hey, what gives?"

"It is not healthy for a girl your age to go five days without sleep!" she exclaimed. "What happens if Coulson tells you to go out into the field? If we're attacked without notice?"

"I know, I get it," I yawned, and I felt a stabbing pain in my neck. My hand flew up to the spot, and I stared at Jemma in horror as she held her syringe. "What did you just do?"

"I gave you an extra boost of melatonin," she said, and I started feeling the effects immediately. "You should be asleep within seconds." I grabbed her arm and shook it.

"No!" I cried, and each shake became weaker and weaker. "I can't sleep! I'm not ready! Don't let me go back in there!" My eyes started to close, and my pleas turned to mumbles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ahh!" my younger self shrieked as she fell off the ceiling and onto the floor. Literally. I craned my head up to see at least twelve eight year olds climbing around on small handles. Whenever two came close to each other, they started to fight until the loser plummeted to the ground. Several HYDRA agents watched outside of the room through the large glass windows

One small girl with fiery red hair yelped as she began to fall, but she laced her fingers on a small hook. When her opponent tried to dislodge her, she kicked her foot up into his face, and he fell to the ground. It was at least a thirteen foot drop. Younger Isabel moaned in pain, but she quickly pushed herself up. She was limping badly. A middle aged agent came and grabbed her by the throat. All of the children paused.

"That's the third time, Seven!" he barked at her. My younger self's hands scrabbled at his arm, but he didn't release. An agent from outside quickly ran into the room and punched the man in the face. Ward. He quickly caught her and held her bridal style, where she gasped for breath.

"That's enough, Hawkes!" he yelled at the man, who smirked as he wiped his bloody nose.

"Your job is on the line as it is, Ward," Agent Hawkes growled. "Not only did you shoot an experiment, you brought in the weakest of the lot!"

"Experiment Seven is the strongest out of all of them!" Ward yelled back. "You're just angry that she's placed higher up than your son!" With that, he began to walk out the door.

"Where the hell are you going?" Hawkes shouted.

"Training Seven on my own." Young Isabel curled into Ward's chest as he walked down a corridor. A young agent followed us.