Chapter 4 - working to death/grief

One morning Knuckles walks into the kitchen to see Sonic in a condition worst than he was when last night.... Knuckles eyes widened as he sees Sonics mouth dried from drinking nothing, sweating without one break, eyes red and puffy, without any sleep at all, muscles weakening, the small maid dress was now too big from Sonics skinny body from not eating anything everyday and every-night.... Sonic was wiping the floor weakly while trembling... Sonic drily and weakly said, I...must....w..work...hard...in...order...to...*coughs*... as he started coughing he coughed out blood.... a few servants were in horror seeing Sonic suffering from what is happening... Silver had enough of this and said as he stomp his foot, SONIC THATS ENOUGH!!...YOUR WORKING YOURSELF TO DEATH!!!... Sonic interrupted, I...don't...care...I...haft to...work....I...I haft to save Tails....he....*coughs up blood* Evan said in horror, oh my Goddess... Erica said in concern, Sonic you need to stop look what your doing to yourself... Sonic said weakly, I...*pant*...can't...I'm..*pant*...sorry....*pant* Evan said, I know your only doing this for him but it.... Silver interrupts, WE KNOW SONIC!!...BUT YOU DON'T KNOW HOW STUPID YOU CAN BE!!!...HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THAT BLAST!?....SONIC YOU LISTEN HERE YOUR ALREADY OUT OF TIME YOU STUPID HEDGEHOG!!!...EVEN IF YOU DID HAVE ENOUGH FOR HIS SURGERY HE WILL STILL DIE!!!...BESIDES TAILS MUST BE ALREADY DEAD BY NOW!!!....I KNOW I HEARD IT FROM THE HOSPITAL!!!...TAILS IS DEAD!!!....YOU WERE WORKING YOUR DEATH FOR NOTHING YOU PATHETIC AND WORTHLESS HEDGEHOG!!! The servants gasped as Knuckles eyes widened in shock.... Silver caught up and realized what he said... Sonic felt his heart break knowing that Tails is dead....eyes widened at the word dead.... tears stream down his face as he trembled... Erica slapped him and said, nice going Silver.... Silver said, sorry...I didn't mean to... Evan said, well you didn't need to tell him....besides even if that is a radiant explosion he suffered from he needed that money to save his friend.... Erica said, he has a point Silver...we didn't wanna tell him besides we wanted to spare his feelings... Evan said, now thanks to you he's very depressed... Silver said, okay okay I screwed up ya happy? Evan said sarcastically, yeah very happy...selfish... Silver rolled his eyes and said, there's no need to be sarcastic Evan... Erica said, I don't know why I've started dating you... Evan scowled at the guilty and feared white hedgehog as Knuckles rushed towards Sonic and said in a fearful and concern tone as he grabs him, SONIC STOP NOW!!!...*when Knuckles felt his bony arms he panics..* oh...oh my Goddess...your...your in no condition to....*helps him stand up*... Sonic snatched his hand away as he tried to stand up and said, I....I can't...I...I...haft...to...*weeps as blood trickled down his mouth* Knuckles felt like Sonic was going to die...Sonic collapsed into Knuckles arms with tears in his eyes... Knuckles said, SONIC!!! he picked Sonic up and yelled in panic and concern as he let his head rest on his shoulder, QUICKLY THREE OF YOU TRY TO FIND WHATEVER YOU CAN ALRIGHT?! The three nodded and rushed off... about 3 minutes later they placed Sonic in his room as Knuckles looked how worse he was... Knuckles thought as he removed the maid outfit, oh man he's completely drenched from all the sweating he's been having....*gasp* he sees his ribs sticking out from his stomach... Knuckles shook it off and wiped the sweat off of him.... then he noticed that Sonic was feeling sick as well... he sees Sonics face almost as red as a cherry, burning up, and the illness was unnoticeable... Knuckles may have been rich but he still knew how to be kind to others.... seeing Sonic suffering like that was like someone's way of saying it's his punishment. Knuckles said to him in concern, Sonic when I said....don't get lazy on us....I didn't mean that you....haft to work without stopping... Sonic was too depressed to speak as he thought of Tails.... from an urgent surgery to funds for funeral arrangements...Sonic thought as his eyes drenched in tears, I wanted to save Tails now...I let him down... 1 day later.... Sonic looked a little distraught...though he eaten some soup and drank plenty of water....he felt distraught...Knuckles knew how much Tails means to him but...he felt really bad what Sonic has been doing this harmful torture to himself....when Sonic cried Knuckles wrapped his arms around the crying hedgehog Sonic blames himself for not knowing Tails is dead....Sonic sobbed and said as he felt Knuckles arms around his weak body, I'm sorry....I'm sorry....Knuckles whispered, it wasn't your fault Sonic.....it wasn't your fault...*hugs him tight*.... about 1 day at a time......while the servants were working Knuckles made sure Sonic was recovering....though still depressed Sonic couldn't help himself...Sonic wasn't very happy with himself...he always cries himself to sleep.... one day when Sonic almost recover something happened.... Knuckles sees Sonic almost recovering...when he recovers he's going back to work but this time he's taking it easy on Sonic....when he took one step he tripped on the naked hedgehog... the toe leaned in each other by accident.... Sonic felt his heart beat as he gazed at his eyes... Knuckles thought as he felt his heart beat fast and blushed, wh...what?...I just....I just....found out about my wife cheating on me......*blushing more as he looked into his eyes*...this strange feeling...what is this?... Sonic thought, I....I don't understand.... Silver said, hey Sonic I wann....*gasped...blushes at the sight* I'M SORRY FOR INTERRUPTING!!!...*slams the door shut* the two laid on each other as they see themselves looking at each other eyes...but that's when tears fell down Sonics face as they got off each other and Knuckles wraps his arms around him for comfort as he sobbed...Sonic cried himself to sleep but this time...he had a bit of comfort.