49. Convincing the Family

Start from the beginning

Manik(assured): Haan Papa. Everything's fine. Aap bas aa kar Mom Dad se baat karte rehna, hum half an hour mein niche aa rahe hai.

Raman(casually): Ok. See you in the living room.

Call Ends

Manik(advised): They are sorted. Apne friends ko bhi message kar deta hun to come here. Tu yahan ready ho ja. I am going to my room.

Nandu nods and goes to the washroom. Meanwhile, Manik too messages their friends and goes to get ready.

Half an hour later

Everyone, elders, and friends were sitting in the living room and talking some random stuff when Manik and Nandu came together. Seeing them, everyone wished Nandu on her birthday when Cabir asks her.

Cabir(hopefully): Nandu, tujhe maine cake bachakar rakhne bola tha na. Where’s my share?

Nandu(sadly): Cabir, I know tune bataya. But maine cake cut hi nahi kiya na. We had cut pizza instead of cake.

Cabir(hurt): Why?

Manik(disbelievingly): toh yeh reason tha tere pizza ka?

Nandu(controlling her laughter): No yaar, I really love pizza.

Cabir whines while Nandu explains to him how delicious the pizza was when Manik speaks.

Manik(politely): Guys, I have something to say. Do minute ke liye shaant baitho sab.

Nandu and Aryaman were in their own eye talks. He smiled realizing the topic.

Manik(holding his hand out): Nandu, tu idhar aa.
She goes and stands beside him. Holding her hand tightly, he takes a deep breath.

Manik(announced): Nandu and I are in a relationship.

While everyone were shocked for a second, they all screamed in excitement the very next moment and jumped together on both of them for a hug. Cabir, who stood silent since the news, pushed everyone making them break the hug and went to Manik with a sad face.

Cabir(giving him a disheartening look): Baby, you are in relationship phir mera kya?

Nandu(excitedly): Manik, main bataun?

Manik(sighing): please.

Nandu(putting her hand around his neck): Cabir, aaj se main Manik ki jaan, tu iska jaanwar. Main iski baby, tu iska bhoot. Main iski..

Cabir(folding his hands): Behen rehen de. I am happy with Navya.

Everyone chuckles when Manik realizes their parents didn't speak a word from the time they announced. He goes towards them and makes both the couples sit together. Taking Raman and Ishita’s hands into his, he speaks looking into their eyes.

Manik(explained sincerely): Ishu maa, Papa, we unexpectedly confessed yesterday but that doesn't mean we will continue this relationship without your permission. If you aren't agreeing with this decision of ours, we will remain as friends just like before. Mom and Dad se jyada I’ll respect whatever your decision would be because yeh aapki beti ka sawaal hai.

Raman(sternly): Nandini, Manik akela bol raha hai. Don’t you think even you should convince us?

Nandu lazily goes towards Nyonika and Raj and stands in front of them.

Nandini(questioned): Dad, Barbie doll, you both love me, right?

Raj, Nyo(happily): Of course, Nandu.

Nandu(raising an eyebrow): Do you guys have any objection with whatever Manik has said just now?

Raj(squealed): Of course, no. We are hell excited.