11. The Grownup Kid

Hello Lovely people. 

GuntiBabitha  heyy Babitha, here is the update. I hope I am not late. 😂😂

Happy reading...

Manik went to the terrace and hears sniffing sounds. He goes a bit forward and sees Nandu sitting there, crying hugging her knees. He runs towards her and hugs her tightly. Nandu stiffens due to sudden hug but relaxes hearing Manik's voice.

Manik: Nandu kya hua? Why are you crying? Atleast look at me na Nandu?

But Nandu doesn't move and cries more crumbling his shirt in her hands. Manik keeps on patting her head. When she doesn't move, he forcefully tries to make her look at him but before that, he feels her extremely cold face. He checks her hands and finds them equally cold.

Manik: Nandu you are so cold. Raat pura yahi baiti thi kya?

Nandu doesn't respond. Sighing helplessly, Manik picks her up, takes her to her room and makes her sit on the bed. He forcefully breaks her hold on him. Covering her with a blanket he runs to the kitchen and makes a coffee for her simultaneously predicting all the possible reasons for her state. He takes the coffee to Nandu's room but stops at the door seeing Nandu sobbing again, breaking his heart into a thousand pieces. Setting his emotions aside he goes to her with a smile and hugs her keeping the coffee on the side table. While patting her,

Manik: Nandu bachha, bas na baba. Aur kitna royegi? Won't you talk to your Manik?

Nandu nods negatively shocking Manik.

Manik: Nandu please na. It's my birthday na. Who would celebrate my birthday now? (Tries the emotional way which worked)

Nandu snaps her head towards him. Cursing herself for making him worried on his birthday, she mutters a hoarse sorry, due to constant crying while looking down.

Manik: (wiping off her tears) Dekh kya haal bana rakha hai apna? Next time aise pagalpanti ki na, I won't buy you chocolates ever.

Nandu: Manik, mere chocolates.(Makes a sad face)

Manik: No, these faces won't work. Tell me, what were you doing all night there?

Nandu: (looking down) mumma papa ki yaad aagayi thi.

Manik: is it? I guess you are not my Nandu. Meri Nandu will irritate the shit out of me to wake me up whenever she misses her parents. Mujhe kisi stranger se baat nahi karna.

Listening to the last line, tears brimmed up in Nandu's eyes again.

Manik: (wiping her tears) Pagal ho gayi hai kya? Flood aajayega baba. (takes her in a side hug and gets a bit serious) Nandini, I know kal raat se tu upset hai. I couldn't ask you at night. Aur subah tak apna yeh haal bana liya? From when did you start hiding things from me?

Nandu: Manik aisa nahi hai.

Manik: phir kaisa hai Nandini? You know right how much it hurts me seeing even a drop of tear in your eyes? It broke my heart seeing you in such state on the terrace. It broke me when I realized, you were sitting there for hours and I was sleeping there peacefully. I am hating myself that I couldn't be with you in your pain. You know kal party mein kiska call aaya tha? Papa ka. He called me to say that they were leaving for a meeting and won't be coming for few days. He didn't even ask me about you because he trusts me that I will take care of his princess. If he will see you like this wouldn't his trust break on me? Do you want that Nandu?

By the end of it, both of them had tears and Nandu hugs him tightly. Due to the sudden hug, he took a moment to balance but hugged her back. Ruffles her hair,

Manik: I am your rockstar na Nandu. Batao na apne rockstar ko.

Nandu breaks the hug and looks down for some time and says,

Nandu: I am bad na, Manik.

Manik felt happy listening to her voice after hours but her words confused him. He holds her hand and cups her cheeks with another,

Manik: Kiski itni himmat to call my baby girl bad? Kisne kaha?

Nandu: Kisine nahi kaha. Yesterday, that guy was so scared looking at me. Pakka Manik maine kuch nahi kya. He wasn't even looking at me. Am I that bad?

Manik couldn't decide whether to laugh at this grown-up kid infront of him or scold her for her stupidity. He took a deep breath before speaking,

Manik: Nandu, I think there is something that we need to know about him. He isn't speaking. He got scared maybe because you shouted at him or maybe because you were forcing him to speak or I don't know. Something might have happened to him isiliye woh itna dara hua hoga. And you were blaming yourself. Ek baar mujhse baat karleti. Pata hai how scared I was?

Nandu: Sorry.

Manik: Sorry nahi. Next time I don't want any teardrop in your eyes?

Nandu nods and both sit for sometime peacefully.

Manik: Nandu I will go home and freshen up. Do you want to sleep or get ready?

Nandu thinks.

Manik: Jyada soch mat. I know you are tired. Sleep for a while. I will come back soon.

With that, he tucks her into bed and leaves for his house. While on the way he gets a call from Cabir.

Manik: Haan, Cabir bol.

Cabir: Oh you are up. Good. Let's plan a day out. We can roam somewhere, then lunch, evening main cake cutting because I want to have cake. Finally, dinner.

Manik: Cabir Cabir.. Shaant. Saas tho le le. I might not be able to meet you people in the morning. Something important has come up.

Cabir:(noticing the seriousness in Manik's voice) Manik is everything fine? Is Nandu fine?

Manik: yes everything's fine. But there is some work which has to be done immediately which I can't explain you now. We will talk later about this.

Cabir: What about dinner?

Manik: I don't know. I will call you once I am done with this. If it's done, hum shaam ko milenge otherwise, tomorrow. Inform everyone.

Cabir: Sure.

Manik: Cabir, sorry for canceling your plans.

Cabir: I know love, how much you wanted to celebrate your birthday with me. But it's ok. I am selfless and my love for you is pure. Complete your work and come. Vijayi hokar aana.

Manik: Cabir I am telling you tu apni Madhubala se jyaada drama karta hai yaar.

Cabir: Thanks. And Manik take care apna bhi aur Nandu ka bhi.

Manik: sure.

They hang up and Manik goes to his room and freshen up. He comes back to Murthy mansion and goes to Nandu's room to check up on her but finds the room empty.

Manik: ab kahan chali gayi yeh ladki?

He goes towards the guest room and the scene infront of him is enough to give him a high voltage shock. 

Baba ko shock laga? Why? 🤔🤔

I know my readers are smart and most of you have already guessed who the guy is. So, all I want to say is trust your instincts. 😝😝

Waiting for your feedback.