Morning After Bliss

Unwanted sun poured through the gaps of the blind onto Chrollos face; an unpleasant stinging sensation throbbed in his eyes as they winced open. He felt an unfamiliar sense of relief, his muscles strangely relaxed and a sigh crawled its way up his chest. Then he remembered last night. His cheeks instantly burned and he rolled onto his side to stare at the alarm clock that was placed on the overly organised bedside table. 10:17 am.

damn.

Hes late. Late to his own meeting that he set so punctually to start at 10. To the meeting where he would inevitably see you. If it was even possible the burning in his cheeks doubled and, instead of another sigh, an annoyed groan escaped his mouth.

He considered cancelling and considered telling the crew that something came up; the idea then becoming quickly suppressed as he reminded himself of who he was and how silly the whole situation was- he wasn't in love. No, he was emotionless. Calm, collected, Chrollo Lucilfer. He wasn't going to let a minor crush get in the way of work.

Shuffling out of his cocoon of blankets, he cleaned up last nights mess in the shower; making an extra effort to get rid of that familiar stench of ones own cum. A flush of embarrassment washed over him as he forced himself to focus on the cool rush of water. There wasn't enough time to ponder, nor did he want to. he knew where his thoughts would lead.

Only a few minutes pass then he's dressed and out the door, completing the few miles that lay between the motel and his destination. Anticipation and anxiety began to bubble in his veins but once again, it was quickly suppressed.

The abandoned building which nested the rest of the group stood high and proud compared to its surrounding neighbours, a warm hum coming from inside- easily recognisable as Uvogins laugh. Chrollo took a few deep breaths, something he wouldn't normally do but felt was necessary, then strode in through the broken archway.

"You're late!"

It was almost sang in unison. If the circumstances were different Chrollo may have
contemplated how their voices entwined and echoed each syllable, almost like a spell. Instead, he hesitated in his steps as each frustrated scowl slaps him in the face and he feels the burning of their eyes through his skull.

stay collected.

A confident stride, an authoritative voice and everyone settles back to business. The air is almost normal.

Its a short and prompt meeting. A pre-meeting if you like, since the important gathering is still a few days away. They were to raid the biggest auction of Yorkshin. It was an awfully complicated mission, but Chrollo had decided to water it down to the gang as a simple treasure hunt; a pirates errand.

The exhilaration now bouncing in the atmosphere was clear and he didn't want to keep them any longer than he had to: he dismissed them, praying that they would contain themselves and steer clear of trouble till the next meeting. Most couldn't get away quick enough, all except the one person he was so desperately trying to avoid.

He didn't know it yet, but you held a delicacy from last night behind your back, waiting to jump on the right opportunity to prize it to him. Every cell in your body was on fire at the thought of you two being alone together, here, in this too familiar space.