[Kara X Male!Reader]: They're getting away

Start from the beginning

Smiling as you walked over to your desk, lots of balloons and flowers littered it. Along with boxes of chocolates and 'get well' cards that scattered around it.

You took off your suit jacket, throwing it over on the back of your chair. Leaving you in your suit vest, unbuttoning the sleeves of your suit shirt and rolling them up.

You stacked the boxes of chocolates to one side of your desk, collecting all your 'get well' cards and filing them away in your desk. You decided on just taking the bouquet of flowers and cornering by your desk on the floor. You untied the balloons that were around your desk and tied them to the armrest of your chair.

Now that your desk was all cleared from limited space, you turned on your computer and soon directed your attention to your inbox that was fill with over a dozen of emails.

You sighed as you used you mouse to click the inbox icon, soon starting to read alot of emails telling you 'to get better' from some familiar and unfamiliar people.

Abandoning those other emails, you looked over the new case of the android attacking the owner, and taking his daughter. Who is later known as an android as well.

--------

After a couple minutes of reading and deleting your emails, you shook your coffee cup, feeling the emptiness within it. Even though you just came back from recovery, coffee was the main thing keeping you up for today. Deciding against yourself, you just got up and left to the break room, throwing away your empty coffee cup on the way.

You entered the break room, a brand new cup of coffee on the top of your mind. You b-lined straight to the coffee machine, swiftly pressing the buttons towards the type of coffee you wanted and how it was supposed to be.

In the process of nearly being close to pressing the 'start' button on the machine, when a commonly, annoying voice just had to come and announce you.

You sighed in annoyance. "Reed."

"Mr. Perfect." You turned around, not missing his shit-eating grin.

"May I ask why your repulsive presence is ruining my welcome day back on the force?" Giving out a dry laugh.

"Ouch. Didn't know the all high and mighy knew such rude vocabulary. I just heard you were back and wanted to see if the rumors were true."

Turning back around, you ignored Gavin as you pressed the button to start your coffee.

"Sad that you ended up arresting that sniper, looks like they didn't finish the job." Gavin tried mumbling under his breath, only making it audible for you to hear.

You took your time with your coffee, slowly glancing at Gavin through your peripheral vision. You cracked your knuckles, straining out your vains that were becoming visible as you clenched your fists.

Turning around, a nonchalant look plastered on your face. Taking a gentle sip of coffee, you gave a sigh of delight at the pure taste of caffeine.

Smiling, your gaze directed at Gavin. "Y'know Reed, my mom raised me at a young age, had to work 3 jobs, we nearly lived in poverty. No father. But I was taught to never be a quitter, to never give up on life."

Gavin gave a confused look, looking as if he didn't understand one damn thing you said.

"Who cares if you lived a shitty life, look at this society." Gavin pointed his finger at the multiple people in that room. The many people who had families or significant others, the people who were lonely or lived difficult lives.

They were all people who took the time to either work in or out the Detroit Police Department. No matter how hard it was. You were thankful for them. But back to Gavin.