◀Happy pride month!▶

Yay! It's already that time of year again!

Happy pride month, everyone!

This is going to be a really fluging long chapter, because I want to talk about a lot of things! XD

First things off, I am a demisexual
Meaning I love little to no-one unless I form a strong bond.
Everyone I've met just might be gross tho, however I've never really had any crushes.

Now, one of my favorite topics, HISTORY AND MEANING!
*faint cheering*

Gay pride or LGBT+ pride is the positive stance against discrimination and violence toward lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender, and more (LGBT+) people to promote their self-affirmation, dignity, equality rights, increase their visibility as a social group, build community, and celebrate sexual diversity and gender variance.

Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rightsmovements throughout the world. Pride has lent its name to LGBT-themed organizations, institutes, foundations, book titles, periodicals and even a cable TV station and the Pride Library.

Ranging from solemn to carnivalesque, pride events are typically held during LGBT Pride Month or some other period that commemorates a turning point in a country's LGBT history, for example Moscow Pride in May for the anniversary of Russia's 1993 decriminalization of homosexuality. Some pride events include LGBT pride parades and marches, rallies, commemorations, community days, dance parties, and large festivals, such as Sydney Mardi Gras, which spans several weeks.

Common symbols of pride are the rainbow or pride flag, the lowercase Greek letter lambda (λ), the pink triangle and the black triangle, these latter two reclaimed from use as badges of shame in Naziconcentration camps.

Crazy right?
I also know many people out there don't know exactly what LGBT+, even if sexuality has been and still is a hot topic, with gay marriage slowly and steadily becoming completely legal and accepted around the country.

There's more to sexuality than being either gay or straight. There are innumerable sexual orientations because sexuality is fluid, and it's hard to fit into clean-cut categories because everyone is so unique. Sexual orientation can be complicated because people can describe and categorize themselves however they'd like.

Let it be known that this is nowhere near a comprehensive list. Orientations can be interpreted in various ways and identities are in the end, up to the individual to decide and define.

Heterosexual

A.K.A, straight. We all know this one - It's the most "accepted" form of sexuality. Hetero means "other" or "different," so it classifies those who feel attraction to a sex different from their own.