16~ Student Questions ~16

Virgil woke up and sat up on the couch. He winced in pain and rubbed his back. Patton saw this and frowned, "You should really take my bed."

Virgil shook his head, "I don't want to force you to sleep on the couch."

"I'm okay with sleeping on the couch, and it's clearly hurting you so just take the bed," Patton pushed.

Virgil still resisted, "It's either I sleep on the couch or neither of us do."

"What do you mean by neither of us?" Patton asked.

Virgil didn't really know what he had meant but now he had an idea of what it could mean, "Well uhm, I don't really know but I guess I meant that either I sleep on the couch or we sleep in the bed together." Virgil blushed as he finished off his sentence.

"I'd be okay with sharing a bed."

Virgil's eyes shot up to Patton, "What?"

"I'm okay with sharing the bed as long as you are too," Patton responded.

Virgil nodded, "Yeah I'm okay with sharing the bed."

Patton smiled at him, "It's settled then, we'll both sleep in the bed." Virgil smiled and tried to control his blush from the thought of sharing a bed with the man he was crushing on.

Patton got to work and greeted his class. Today for the first half hour of the class they would be finishing up a worksheet that they couldn't fit in yesterday. Patton went around, helping out all his students. A small girl named Elizabeth raised her hand and so Patton went over and kneeled by her desk. "What do you need help with?" Patton asked with a grin.

"Who's jacket are you wearing?" She asked, pointing to the jacket that was so unlike Patton that it had to be someone else's.

"It's Virgil's, he's my... he's my friend," Patton answered, finding it hard to call Virgil just a friend when he wanted to be something more.

The little girl titled her head at Patton's hint of sadness "Why are you wearing his jacket?"

"I washed it for him and he wore my hoodie then wouldn't give it back so I decided to wear his," Patton explained.

"Do you love him?" Elizabeth asked.

"Of course I love him, I love everyone," Patton answered.

She shook her head, "No, do you love him more than others?"

Patton's smile was small at this point, "Yeah I do, and that's okay."

"Are you two dating?" She asked.

Patton felt a stab of sadness and tried to change the conversation, "Don't you have work to do?"

She shook her head, "I already did it," She flipped over her paper to show that she had already done it and also that all her answers were correct.

Patton sighed and looked around to see if any other students had questions but none did, "We aren't dating, he doesn't even know how much I love him."

Elizabeth frowned, "You should tell him how you feel!"

Patton smiled softly at her, "Yeah I should."

"Remember, Mr. Sanders, if he doesn't love you back it's okay, you can at least still be friends." Patton nodded and smiled at her then another student raised their hand so he left to help them.

Patton thought about what his student had said, maybe she was right and he should just tell Virgil, after all they could still be friends if Virgil didn't return his feelings. Plus Virgil was so kind, he would let Patton down gently and wouldn't let a crush get in the way of their friendship.