1

Author's Note: Nathan is 17 for this book, and Sophia is being played by Nathan's real like wife Bridget so she is also 17 for the book.

SOPHIA'S POV

Today is the first day of senior year, and I wasn't really excited for it. I normally go to school with Nate, but his mom overdosed towards the end of last year. we don't talk as much as we used to, but he is still my best friend. I am just hoping and praying that he will show up today, he is my savior. He has helped me through so much in just one year, and he brought me closer to him. He brought me to start loving him for more then a friend, me being that person with those feelings makes me worried, but he asked for his space, and that is all I can do to help.

I get my clothes on an walk down stairs.

" Hey honey, are you picking Nate up today" Mother asks while she turns her head for the stove.

" Probably not, you know what happened" I say while picking up a piece of bacon from the plate on the counter top.

" Well you should ask him" My mother says. I knew if I tried to argue with her it would change her mind. so I text him.

Me: Hey Nate, I was wondering if you wanted me to pick you up from your house this morning.

NATE'S POV

I can't control myself anymore. I don't know how I should feel anymore. I just want to get all of these feelings out, but I pushed away everyone I can talk to. I am depressed, and I have been depressed. I have to fight this pain. I have to be me again.

*Ding Ding*

I pick up my from my desk, and see you texted me.

Sophia: Hey Nate,I was wondering if you wanted me to pick you up from your house this morning.

Me: Umm, sure I feel like I should talk to you.

Sophia: Ok then, I will be there in 2

I pull out my bag from my closet, and put everything I need for school in there. The first day of senior year. This year is supposed to be easy, but I have a feeling it won't be.