Our eyes were locked and David asked what no one else had wanted to, "Are we going to die doing this?"

      I opened my mouth, looking for a hopeful answer. I saw a fearful realization flash in his eyes before a shrill scream yanked our heads towards Ziggy. He sat with tears in his eyes, his left hand over his mouth, a strip of his arm turning a magnificent red. In the other hand he clutched the newly torn duct tape. Ziggy looked to us, and putting a hand out, "Sorry," turned his face to a wall, fanning his eyes.

       The distraction was appreciated. I took a breath, "Okay. So I guess we just need to book some flights. There are some plants and stuff I need to grab, but I got those at the island last time."

      "I thought this was somewhere close." David looked to me and I shrugged, "Last time I went to the British Virgin Islands."

      David frowned, disbelieving, "And that worked?"

      "I didn't think it would either." I nodded, remembering the complete doubt that had gripped me during that trip. 

      Ziggy stood, turning both of our heads. He looked to us, noticing our sudden glances and put his hands up, "Just standing, loves."

      I watched him, "I guess we should go back to David's so we can come up with a better plan."

      Ziggy saw my words, "So I'll be staying with you two then?"

      My eyes stayed on him, David pushing a hand in his pocket, "My place is pretty small."

      Seeing the opportunity, Ziggy jumped on it, "And I doubt we'll get a flight for today or even tomorrow, really. And I'm sorry, darling, but this," he pointed to himself, "does not wear the same outfit for more than one day."

       David looked to me, "He has a point, Sarah. I don't think we could all live together for very long."

      I knew he was referring to me and Ziggy. I could feel them waiting for my response. Nodding, I looked to Ziggy, "Okay. But we're going to give you some babysitters."

      The redhead frowned, "What?"

      "Hoggle, Ludo, Sir Didymus I need you."

      Ziggy's eyes widened at the sudden appearance of the troll that sat on the counter. Sir Didymus tied Ambrosius' reins to one of the record stands, "Good evening my fair lady, to what do we owe this pleasure?"

      David's eyes were glued to the lumbering orange giant that stood silently behind Ziggy. Seeing his gaze, Ziggy followed it, turning to look behind his shoulder. Ludo bobbed his head, a smile on his face. Ziggy jumped at the sight- "Jesus!"

      Turning to face Ludo, he stepped away, "What the hell?"

      I smiled, introducing each one with a point, "Ziggy, meet Sir Didymus-"

      "I do say sir, thine's hair is nearly as bright as mine brother Ludo!"

      "Ludo,"

      "Ludoooooo." The low voice droned his name, happy to have been mentioned. I smiled back at him, "Hi Ludo. And that's Hoggle."

      Hoggle eyed Ziggy suspiciously, "Who's that?" He turned to David, "Old boot."

      David glared back at the troll and I slapped his shoulder, "Be nice to Hoggle."

      David looked incredulously at me, "Me? He started it!"

      I raised my eyebrows, "Hey. He's my friend."

      Staring at me, David looked to Ziggy for support. But his friend was busy looking at our new arrivals, wide eyed with his arms held close to his body. I watched him, "So you go do whatever you need to. Guys," I turned to my friends, "This is Ziggy. He's the one who put Jareth here and he's going to help us fix this. I'll explain more later."

      Hoggle pushed himself up to stand on the counter, "One question. Is he a friend or a coward?"

      I knew coward had come to mean the same thing as foe in Hoggle's eyes. Still, it didn't feel accurate so I simply looked to Ziggy, "He's not really a friend right now."

      Hoggle nodded, sealing the conversation, "Alright dust mop, let's go."

      Ziggy looked to the troll, "Me?"

      "Who else would I be talking 'bout?"

       Ziggy looked to me, "Is this serious?"

       I shrugged, "You wanted to go off on your own. We just need to make sure you don't accidentally wander off."

      Didymus mounted Ambrosius, "Alright prisoner, lead us to thine dungeon!"

      Ziggy watched the dog trot towards the door before raising his head to me, "This is ridiculous."

      I didn't budge, "It's us or them."

      He hesitated, considering his options. Finally he moved to the counter and grabbed his tote bag, slinging it over a shoulder. Ignoring me, he looked to David, "Text me when your boss has everything figured out."

      I clenched my jaw, David left awkwardly nodding, "I'll let you know what we come up with."

      Without looking back, Ziggy strolled to the door, pushing it open for Ambrosius. Ludo turned sideways, struggling to get himself through the door and I lifted Hoggle from the counter. Before leaving, Hoggle waved me to him and I knelt, coming face to face with the troll. He glanced at the door before looking back to me, "Sarah, I know he's not not a friend. But..."

      He checked the door again, "Do you trust this bozo?"

      I looked him in the eye, silent. Hoggle nodded, "That's what I thought."

      I smiled, "Thanks Hoggle."

      He gave a dismissive "ah" and embarrassedly waved his hand at me. Smiling, I stood and watched him hobble out the door.

      Left in silence, David turned to me "Now what?"

      I stared out the window to where the entourage had been, "I guess we go back and look for tickets."

      David nodded, quietly joining my gaze out the window. His eyes not leaving, he spoke, "Before we drive back, I'm going to grab some beer."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello my lovelies! ^-^

It has been AWHILE! Nonetheless, I am still excited for us to kick off this adventure.

I hope everyone is enjoying the story so far! Please let me know what you like, don't like, or want to see! I have several requests for a kiss and one for a lovely slap- I haven't forgotten, Lil_Sinful_Goddess ^-^

I have no promises for when the next chapter will be out, your gent is wading through several college papers at the moment lol. But I do have an outline worked out so that should greatly cut down on writer's block. Yay! Productivity!

On another note, how is everyone? I always like to hear from you guys- in the comments and in direct messages. Thank you to matildamillyMjPharesPikachuThDv3, and Zapps29   for reaching out! 

Alright you lovely people- it's back to work for me. Have an absolutely ducky day and, as always:

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

LEARN A NEW WORD <3

      p.s. If you find an awesome word, let me know! ^_^