Chapter 1 - 'Living a life of lies'

I'm guessing some of you are already wondering , who am I . That is a question that will be answered later on in the story . All you have to know is that I know both Alexa and Eve very well . Eve kept a diary with everything that occurred to her day to day life and that is a huge reason why I know all the insight and information about this story and Eve's life . Even though she was very likeable and was pretty much the life and soul of every social gathering , Eve always preferred to keep certain things to herself and express herself by either writing or painting/drawing . This characteristic eventually came back to haunt her ; But that is something that you, the readers , will realize later on .

There is a huge contrast between Alexa's family and Eve's parents ideologies . Alexa was raised by her father after her mother passed away from breast cancer when Alexa was just four years old. Her father, Rodney was an open minded individual who let his three kids live and aspire to be who they truly want to be . Sarah , Alexa's sister is currently in Jamaica and their younger brother is focusing on his love for poetry and music . Alexa came out to her dad when she was only fourteen so unfortunately , she does not always understand why Eve has to hide her individuality from her parents . Rodney always knew when Eve was coming to their place without her parents permission and although he was not happy of the sneaking out , he acknowledged and tried his best to understand Eve's situation and welcomed her with open arms .

A huge event that was coming up in Eve's life was this art exhibition that she has been working on for months . Alexa had also a hand in some of the art pieces but decided to give full credit to Eve . Most of her art works are minimalistic but others have a Dadaism influence . There was a particular art work ,the 5th one in the chronological order called , 'Living a life of lies' which has caused tremendous ammount of trouble in Eve's life. This peculiar painting was very simple and straightforward ; a young woman, half naked with olive skin, a grimace expression and tears streaming down her face , almost blurring out her vision and bubble-like shapes around her , forming thoughts that this woman is probably thinking of . There were 3 bubble-like shapes : one of them had religious symbols like the Christian cross , a catholic rosary necklace and the bible . This bubble was probably alluding to Eve's catholic beliefs and how the same beliefs keep her captive from loving who she wants to love . The second bubble had a lock of magenta hair , a flat paintbrush and a silver ring . This bubble was evidently hinting at Alexa and the relationship and love of art they have together . The third and last bubble was empty .It was very difficult and quite frankly impossible to understand what was this empty bubble referring and alluding to .We only figured out why it was empty when it was too late to do something about it .