She smiled at my excitement, "No problem Rin. You know, I really think you should think about majoring in the arts. You'd do well." And with that she walked back to her desk.

  I was so happy and surprised, I could barely breathe. She liked-no, loved- my art. She thought I could major in it! Someone actually thought I could accomplish something. I swelled with pride, so happy I could barely pay attention throughout the rest of class.

  When the bell rang, signaling the end of class, I was still thinking about what she'd said. I slowly packed up my bag, a small smile still resting on my face.

  "Did you hear, the demon got his art is the art show?"

  I froze.

"Yeah, how did that happen?"

"He probably blackmailed Mrs.Hiashi."

"Or maybe he threatened to kill her if she didn't put his art in..."

"He's not even a decent artist, why does he bother taking this class?"

I balled up my fists and bit my lip. 'They're just kids being dumb... thats all.' I repeated that over and over hoping eventually I'd believe it.

"Shut up, I think he can hear us."

"Okay, and why does it matter if he can hear us? I'm not scared of some weak ass demon."

"What would you do, kill him?"

"Yeah, it'd make everyone's lives a lot better."

I hurriedly grabbed my stuff and tried to run out the door but ended up running into the group that was talking.

"Guess you were right Theo, he did hear me," said one guy.

"I told you so," muttered the other guy who's name was apparently Theo. "Dumbass," he added quietly.

"What'd you just call me," the first guy whirled around.

A girl beside him sighed and rested her hand on the first guy's arm, "Calm down Rey. Theo isn't the one who needs to be dealt with," she said, rolling her eyes. "Go on, didn't you just say you'd kill the demon brat? Or are you too much of a pussy?"

"Shut up Lei. I'm getting to it." The now appointed, Rey, huffed and turned toward me. "So it seems my girl here is expecting me to do something about your existence. How about we meet, 12:00, behind the science building, tomorrow afternoon and settle this like men, or are you too scared?"

Settle what? I literally had never talked to him before, there was nothing to settle. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away, but he grabbed my shoulder and threw me roughly to the ground.

"Hey! Did I say you could leave? You don't deserve that spot in the art show, it was supposed to be mine." He kicked me in the stomach causing me to groan in pain.

"Hey asshole, how about you fuck off and stop attacking someone just cause you're upset that you have no talent," a new voice said calmly from a dark corner of the room.

"Who the fuck do you think you are? I'm the best artist in the goddamn school unlike this stupid waste of space," Rey said, nodding to me.

"Aw, that's cute," the mystery guy drawled sarcastically, still not moving from the shadows. "Is that what your mommy told you? That you have talent?"

"Shut up you-"

"No," the guy cut him off sharply. "You shut up. If you don't get your ass out of here in 5 seconds and stop threatening Rin - who by the way has loads more talent than you'll ever have- I'll personally beat your ass into oblivion and then explain to Principle Pheles, exactly what went down here."

Rey and his gang looked pissed, but they also looked a bit alarmed. "Fine," Rey shrugged. "I'll leave, but if either of you gets within 5 feet of me ever again, I'll kill you both," he hissed before storming out of the room, his gang close behind him.

I sighed and pulled myself up into a sitting position. "Hey, you okay man?" The guy asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's not like this is new or anything. Anyway, think you can step out of the shadows, so I can see who my saviour is and thank them?"

A small laugh was heard from the corner as he walked over to me. My eyes widened when I saw him.

"Damn."

I'd never met this guys before but he was hot. Like... REALLY hot! He had raven black hair, and bright emerald eyes. Freckles sprayed across his nose and he had a small silver piercing under his bottom lip, along with one above his left eyebrow.

He walked toward me and offered me his hand, "I'm Kai," he introduced himself with a small smile. "Sorry I didn't step in to help earlier."

"You're- it's - um- it's all good," I assured him, tripping over my words. He laughed a bit causing me to redden, "ha, you're cute. Here lemme help you up," he offered his hand.

Cute? My face burned in embarrassment. He thought I was cute. "Oh um, sure," I reached out and took his hand letting him pull me up. I stared into his eyes for a second admiring the green and realising that there were little golden flecks mixed in with the green.

The lunch bell pulled me out of my daze. "Oh crap its lunch already?" I hadn't realised how much time had passed.

"Hey, um," Kai started, grabbing my attention. "Maybe if you want to... well I mean, you don't have to but um.." he blushed and looked away obviously getting a bit flustered. "Want to maybe.. eat lunch together?"

"I um.." I was a bit shocked. I usually ate alone. "I'd love to."

Kai's smile was so bright and pure I couldn't help but smile too. Maybe... life wouldn't be too bad after all...

___________________________

Okay, so this was supposed to come out a couple days ago and I wrote the whole chapter... and then I deleted it. But! I did it on purpose!

What? Author~chan, why would you do that?

Well, If you hadn't noticed (although you probably have) I took a large break from this story a chapter or two ago. That's because I had kinda forgotten where I was going with this story and I couldn't remember where I'd written my plans down, so I was starting to get a bit uninspired. I really didn't want to give up on the story though, so I kept trying to write a chapter but I couldn't get anything out. Well, recently I found my notes on this story and I got really really inspired, so be prepared for a major improvement in the plot and character development!

Anyway, yeah, I deleted my previous plans for this chapter and wrote this instead and I'm actually pretty happy with how it turned out, I hope you guys like it too!