A Clash with Destiny

Start from the beginning

Nemesis smirked." You think just because you wield a plasma blade, you can stop me?" He brandished his own sword, a dark sabre with a glowing blade.

" You think just because you wield a plasma blade, you can stop me?" He brandished his own sword, a dark sabre with a glowing blade

Apparently in no mood to surrender, the Rebel attacked, emitting a war cry. Nemesis parried him easily, and thrust forward. His advisary blocked, and attacked again.

The two exchanged blows and attacks, but neither managed to injure the other. Enraged to see an opponent whose skill matched his own, Nemesis attacked with fury, resorting to more aggressive attacks and blows.

Nemesis's advisary was tiring considerably. Not accustomed to fighting such a skilled and dangerous opponent, he resorted to mainly parrying and blocking the attacks, all the while backing away hoping that the Enterprise would just beam him up.

Their blades locked momentarily, and he snarled "Die!" and swept the blade straight in the face of Nemesis. The mask sizzled, and he stumbled back. The Rebel backed away too, holding his blade in an offensive stance.

Nemesis's face mask was sizzling,cracks of electricity crackled. A small piece of his mask was burnt away, chipped off by the attack. It started to malfunction. Its red-tinged occular lenses faded to black. Snarling, and looking his advisary dead in the eye, Nemesis removed his mask slowly, dropping it on the ground, revealing his naked mutilated face for his enemy to see.

****

Max's POV

I was out of breath as I stumbled back. Nemesis lived up to his name. He was relentless, quick and aggressive. I've been trained in advanced hand-to-hand combat, yet I grew out of breath after our fight.

I saw that I'd hit his mask. It sizzled and crackled. Snarling, Nemesis turned to me. Thinking he was going to attack, I braced myself, but surprisingly he removed his mask, emitting a hiss! and dropped it on the ground.

My eyes travelled up his chest to his face. I gasped. His right side had been totally burnt away, charred. The skin was non-existent. Strips of flesh hung over his bony skull, eyebrows singed off totally, dried blood caked on his cheeks and forehead, his eye inflamed and burning daggers into my soul. His lips were shaped into a snarl. It seemed that the Devil himself might be frightened from this terror.

But that wasn't what shocked me.

His right side was totally burnt, but his left side was unharmed. A gasp of shock escaped from my mouth as I noted the very famaliar features of a person I knew to be dead.

His striking blue eyes, always so caring, kind and helpful, were now replaced with a fire foreign to him. His eyes streaked out a feeling of hatred and anger,bore daggers into my soul. His teeth were clenched in anger and fury, as his grip on his sword tightened.

My blade fell from my hands, as I stumbled back in shock. No way is this true. It's not possible.

Yet, in my heart, I know it's true. But I refuse to accept it.

"Wh-why?" A groan escaped from my lips.

He didn't answer, yet instead strode towards me. I was in a state of limbo, unable to move. My eyes never left his. Those eyes, which I'd see for three years,now appear foreign to me. I find no recognition of myself in his eyes.

It's me! I want to shout. But I can't.

He raises his blade, ready to strike me down.

"Die, scum." He whispers.

He prepares to strike. I stare in shock.

Suddenly, blaster fire rains from above. Looking up, I see a space-pod flying down towards us, its guns trained on my assiliant. It fired relentlessly, which Nemesis deflected easily with his sword.

A side door of the pod popped open, and Tania's panicked face came into view." Come up!" She screamed, and held out her hand.

Gathering all my strength, I get up. As the pod comes within reach, I jump, catching her hand in the nick of time. Pulling myself up, I am hoisted inside by Uhura and Tania.

"Christopher, take us back to the Enterprise, now!" Uhura shouted to the pilot, who nodded in affirmation. The pod started to fly upwards.

"Max, are you all right?" Tania asked, worriedly.

I didn't answer. My gaze was fixed to the surface. Just before the door closed, I caught a glimpse of Nemesis. With a terrifying calm, he raised a menacing dark arm and pointed directly at me.

My head started to spin, and everything started to become hazy. I could vaguely hear Tania shouting, urging me to stay awake. The last thing I remembered before I blacked out was the terrifying realization that could alter the very course of the war we were struggling to fight.

Nemesis, the one who destroyed London, Thanos's most dangerous and powerful weapon,is none other than...
Steve himself.

Sup?
So it is finally revealed! The identity of Nemesis. Most of you who've read the prequel already knew this, though. For those who don't, I recommend you read the prequel, titled "Galaxias:Rise of the Fallen". It will give you a better understanding of this story. I'd been wanting to update this chapter for quite some time. How did you like this chapter?
Please don't forget to vote and comment.