Chapter 11

Since this book is published, only a sample remains on Wattpad. Content stops after chapter eighteen. Please keep reading with this information in your mind.

Chapter 11

About two days later, people at school started forgetting about me and Seth. No one really looked at me, nor did they attempt to talk to me. Seth was acting way friendlier with me than normal. He bought me gifts and even took me out to get ice cream. River didn't know anything about this. I'm sure if he found out Seth was sort of flirting with me, he would kill Seth or give him a long lecture on how to treat me right and what will happen if he hurts me.

It's Thursday night right now. Seth is currently at the gym and River is downstairs working on his Biology project. I'm upstairs in my room, attempting to draw. I love drawing but sadly, I'm not very good at it. Once I tried to draw a butterfly and no one could even understand it's a butterfly. Someone asked me if it was a flower. I guess that explains I'm not good at art.

I hear the doorbell downstairs and River gets up to open it. Suddenly I hear the voice of another man but I can't understand what they're talking until River yells, "Ella, would you please come down for a second?"

I get up from my chair and run downstairs to see a man with a bouquet of flowers. This time the bouquet has daisies in it. River looks at me with one eyebrow raised, "Why did Seth order these for you?"

"Uh, I don't know," I quickly mutter and grab the flowers. "Thank you for the delivery." Then I run upstairs to my room and put the flowers into a vase and set it on my table where all the other flowers are. Seconds later River marches into the room and takes a look at the flowers.

"What is all this?" He asks, talking cards from the bouquets." He scans over them and frowns every time.

"I miss you, beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl, You shine brighter than the sun. What the fuck is Seth doing to you?" He yells and throws the cards on the floor. I look away from him and continue reading a book. Suddenly River grabs it from my hands and throws it away.

"Hey!"

"Hay is for horses!" River shouts. "Why the fuck are you fooling around with Seth? Do you want to be like all the other girls? Seth is a fucking player, he doesn't care about girls, do you understand that? He might seem like the most perfect human being out there but Seth is the worst! He will fuck you and then throw you aside like a used tissue," River stops once he sees my face. "Oh, Ella, don't look sad. I just want to protect you. You're my sister, I care about you too much to let you get hurt. Just promise me you won't get sexually involved with him."

"Yeah, okay."

"Good," River smiles. "I ordered sushi and it should be here soon, do you want some?"

"It's mine now!" I yell and get off my chair as quickly as I can, River's laughter filling my ears as I run downstairs.

Around 10:30PM Seth comes home. I'm sitting downstairs, watching reruns of Desperate Housewives as he walks into the house. He looks tired but once he sees me, he gives me a smile.

"Hey, how have you been?" He asks, placing his bag down and sitting down next to me. He pulls out a small yellow tube from his pocket and I see it's my lemon flavored chapstick. He removes the lid and applies some onto his lips.

"I'm good," I mutter. "That lemon chapstick is mine, will you give it back now?"

"Take it from my lips then," He winks and gives me a pouty face. "How about no," I groan and start taking it away from him. He puts his hand high up in the air and I start jumping a bit to get it from him. Seconds later Seth grabs my waist and I fall on top of him, my chest against his and my breathing unsteady. I stare into Seth's eyes and I see him leaning closer to me. My heart starts beating fast in my chest as I follow his moves.