Defense Against the Dark Arts

"Hello class. Because of recent events, I have not yet had any of you. I have just recently been married. See my ring? It is emerald cut. That is very expensive. Anyways, welcome. Do any of you know anything about why Defense Against the Dark Arts is so important right now? No? Well, don't listen to any other person. Unless they are a teacher, they don't know anything about the subject. But I, yes me, know MUCH more about it. Because I am teaching you how to avoid it! Haha, ha, ha... well. Voldemort is back. Yippee. And he is targeting some students in this very school. Oddly enough, it is not Harry Potter's child! So anyone here know how to make a Patronus? No? We are going to make one today."

     Professor Jewlkey kept her eyes on Nicole the whole time. Like in every class, Nicole did anything but excel. It was as if her wand was on an off switch. Her frustration grew when Octavia made a full Patronus. A hare. Nicole would trade anything for a bunny as a Patronus. When she was little, she begged her mother for a rabbit, but that was before she went insane.

     Class was over, and all Nicole did was make a fool of herself. Everyone in the class except for her made a Patronus. Even Raven managed to make a fox.

     After that Octavia, Raven, and Nicole had a free period. They went to the dormitories for money to go to Hogsmead.  Everyone was surprised to see a cat sleeping on Nicole's bed.

     The rest of the day was boring. Herbology was stupid, and Nicole really needed help or she would fail the O.W.L.S. Tomorrow, she would look for a tutor.