Diagon Alley

Nicole couldn't believe what she was seeing. It was by far the worst fashion statement ever. She turned around to the fireplace, and dug around in the ashes to find a way back.

     "No, no, no! I'm stuck with you two in... who knows where we are, and you two are midgets compared to most of these... these... things!"

     "Wizards!" Nia shouted.

     "Ya, Nicole! We are wizards! We all are in Dragon Alley!" Mark said.

     "Diagon Alley, Mark," Nia corrected.

     "Ya, right. Well we all got a list of stuff we need to buy here!"

     "Mark, Nia, how do you know all of this?" Nicole curiously asked.

     "Mrs. S told us!"

     Oh great, Nicole thought. She was stuck with her siblings, and she doesn't know anything. She grabbed the list from their tiny hands, and began looking for the book shop. After finding about eleven books, she ran over to the outfitters. The clothes were terribly hot and heavy. They all looked pretty much the same, except some people had different colors on them. Some had red, yellow, blue, and green. Not understanding this, Nicole walked into the store, handed the witch her list, and was measured. The seeming was done by magic, making it quick and easy. When Nicole saw the robes, she was appalled.

     "No! Oh no! I am NOT wearing those. Just look at them!"

     "Yes ma'am," the clerk tried to calm her down, "but this is the standard robes for third years at Hogwarts."

     Nicole sadly took the robes, after complaining that she was not a witch. She quickly changed into them, and got almost all of the items on her list. The only two things left on her list were a pet and a wand. She walked into the pet stores, gazing at all of the animals. Towards the back of the store was a brown owl with gold and white streaks everywhere. She had seen this owl before, it was the owl that had delivered her letter. She walked over to the clerk, and asked where the owl had came from.

     "Hm, you need a pet? You look like a fourth year student. Well, this owl was born and raised here, but we do like to send our owls on little practice flights."

     "I am not a fourth year! I am just tall for my age. Plus, I never chose a pet. I want that owl. He delivered my letter."

     "Great, his name is Scale."

     Nicole almost changed her mind when she heard the name. Scale? What a stupid name. But this owl was special. She took the cage with Scale in it, and he immediately showed signs of dislike for her. He tried to bite her fingers off and get out of the cage. The clerk had obviously noticed.

     "Oh, Miss? No refunds. Thanks for comin'."

     Nicole set the owl down to check off her owl from the list. It wouldn't stop chirping.

     "Nia! Make that thing shut up."

     There was no response, and when Nicole turned around, there was no sight of her siblings.

     "Nia! Mark! Where are you?"

     She began to have a panic attack. What would her parents think if she had lost her siblings? And in a crowded place like this, they could be anywhere. She went through every store, searching up and down every isle. She screamed their names and asked others if they had seen them. She didn't know how to describe them, because they looked nothing like her. They were small, and skinny. Looked just like each other. No other way to really describe them. She went into the bar, just in case they happen to have gotten lost there, and found herself in a smokey atmosphere. It smelled of sweat and a weird alcohol. She ran right out, and bursted into the wand shop.

     "Nia! Mark!"

     She was the only one in there, other than the wand maker.

     "Hello there."

     "Have you seen my brother and sister? They are short and skinny and... they don't look anything like me!"

     "Come here. I think I might have a wand in mind for you."

     She cautiously followed, hoping her siblings would be back where the wand was, and was giving a long, skinny wand. It looked like a rounded piece of wood from the top, but highly decorated on the bottom. As soon as it entered her fingertips, she was filled with light. The door flashed open and wind filled the air. It felt good. She went over to the cash register.

     "I really need to find my siblings..."

     "You are a bright student, they won't be far. Something tells me you are closer than you think."

     "I shouldn't be here as a student! I am not a witch!"

     "Are you joking? You look like a fourth year, perfectly magical witch."

     "I am not a fourth year! Sheesh! Why does everyone think that!? I am tall for my age!"

     "Well, good luck on your magical journey, Miss Kings."

     Nicole walked out of the wand store to find her siblings right outside the door.

     "Nia, Mark! You are grounded! How could you just walk away from me like that?"

     "But-"

     "No! You are coming with me. Got everything?"

     "Yes."

     "Really? Everything?"

     "Yes!"

     "Ok, lets go."

     Nicole had no idea where to go. She went over to a lady who seemed to know where she was going, and managed to make some friendly conversation on where to go from here. The lady had a British accent, like almost everyone here except for her and her siblings.

     "Miss? Excuse me. But we have everything and don't know where to go."

     "You are asking me where to go? You look like a fourth year, you should at least know where you are going."

     "I am not a fourth year! I am a third year who is new at this! Gosh! Just tell us where to go!"

     "Well, there is always the simple way of floo powder."

     The lady pointed to a fireplace, which they all walked into, and the lady flicked powder everywhere. Suddenly, they were off again.