Tour of the Castle

Nicole slipped down in her seat. No. She won't go up. Octavia just looked at Nicole, and stood up. Octavia stood there, waiting for Nicole. Nicole never stood up. Fear washed through her eyes. She couldn't go with Octavia, she is already standing out enough, being a third year without knowing what magic is. Not to mention the fact that she does not say "bloody" in every sentence like everyone else.

     Octavia went up, and the hat landed on her head.

     "Hm, you seem very... not stereotypical. Underneath all of that makeup, that is. Wash off your face, and hair, and you will see someone different. Did I not have your sister last year? You are older, I suppose. You might as well be with her, and others who will help you discover new things. Ravenclaw!"

     Everyone clapped. Except for Nicole. Now she was alone. She sighed, and made her feet stand straight. Powerfully, she walked up to the hat. Her siblings called her name on her way there. She whipped around and hissed at them.

     "Shut up! Don't you ever talk to me without permission. This is your last warning."

     And like nothing ever happened, she turned around, and like the tyrant she was, and waited for the hat to be placed upon her. After that little scene, whispers of Slytherin were heard all around. She didn't care.

     "That was... interesting, Miss Kings," the hat said.

     "Don't call me that."

     "What of course. You are quite mean, aren't you?"

     "You are gonna put me on Slytherin now, aren't you?"

     "My, my, my. I have never been talked back to that many times by a student. No matter what you say, your brain will always know the truth. And I, my dear, am the only person who can see and trust ALL of it. Most people, know the truth, but listen to only half of their mind. Ravenclaw!"

     Nicoles eyes widened. Ravenclaw? This was not possible. Somehow she managed to make it to a seat at the blue table by Octavia and her sister. Raven had grey eyes. Never had she ever seen something look more depressing. She was hypnotized by her eyes. They were the most amazing shades of grey, and every time she looked at them, the shade changed. Her hair was black. The two siblings looked nothing alike, except for their faces. Same face. Different eyes. Different hair. Almost the same height, but Raven was smaller.

     "Raven." Octavia's sister replied.

     "Uh, Nicole."

     Raven was different. She seemed to be aware of nothing around her. Only what really mattered. Throughout the day, she seemed to say the wisest things.

     "Raven, " Octavia said in the common room, "where do we even go?"

     Nicole looked around. Everyone had pretty much left, or was leaving, the room. Raven took them outside. They had no idea where they were going. Octavia and Nicole were joined by the hip, never leaving ones side. and they both kept slowly loosing sight of Raven. Raven kept sneaking up on them, grabbing them by the shoulders, and scolding them for getting lost. They toured the castle. Starting with The Great Hall. Slowly but surely, they made it down to the Slytherin Dungeon. Nicole found great joy in looking around. The castle was huge, but this was by far the best part. It was under the lake. It was dark and gloomy, which strangely gave her a pang of satisfaction.

     "Hey, Raven?" Nicole asked, "Where is the bathroom?"

     "Ugh, there is one in the common room, but you have to have a password to get in, like Gryffindor. Uh, there has to be one around here somewhere. Just keep looking around and meet us back here."

     Nicole curved around the corner and walked down the dark, long hallway. She was about to turn the corner again, when she almost ran into someone.

     "Watch where you're going, moron!"

     The boy had blond hair and blue eyes. He looked intense and angry.

     "It is not MY fault! You should not be running around like an idiot! Who are you anyway?"

     "None of your business."

     "Malfoy! Scorpius Malfoy! Albus told me about you."

     "Lemme guess, Death Eater, my dad, evil, stuff like that? Just get out of here, girl. What are you even doing down here, Ravenclaw?"

     "What's it to ya?"

     "Nice accent, Mudblood."

    "Nice snake tattoo, Death Eater."

    Nicole didn't know much about Death Eaters, other than what she heard from Albus. But, it obviously offended Malfoy, because he got his wand out and casted a spell at her. She was flew into the wall and blood fell down her face. Malfoy ran into the dungeon. Octavia and Raven ran toward the noise and found Nicole.