{𝕄𝕒𝕣𝕪 𝕄𝕚𝕝𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕒𝕟}

Start from the beginning

"What are you their spokesmen, now?" Alec snarks at his sister, again ignoring my comment

"Cami, Shadowhunter or not, you're here and you have abilities" Izzy mentions, "You are definitely not just a mundane, and we need to use that, we need to train you both, as much as we can, before we can help Simon"

"We don't need a spokesmen or a trainer. We need a plan!" I snap, moving into the main room, "I mean, look at all these screens and monitors, surely they can help us do something productive!"

"Where is he, anyway?" Clary wonders, "Some crypt in Transylvania?"

"Oh, honey" I cringe, "Even I know that was in bad taste"

"They're at the Hotel DuMort, down in Gansevoort Street" Izzy reveals

"Um..." I laugh humourlessly, "So, you know where he is and we came back here? Why? We have to go there!"

"We need a Clave resolution for that" Alec points out

"Oh, fuck the damn Clave!" I growl

"Cami, the four of us can't declare war on the vampire by ourselves" Izzy reasons

"Why the hell not?"

"And we can't react without considering our options" Alec continues, "Downworlders are slaves to their impulses. We're not."

"Alec, you can't stomp on all the Downworlders" Izzy defends

"Oh, that's right" Alec smirks teasingly, "Seelies have their charms, apparently"

"Right" Jace joins in, smirking 

"What are seelies?" I ask

"Like faeries. The Fair Folk" Jace explains, "Pixies, nixies, elves...anybody half-angel, half-demon. It's pretty much a catch-all term."

"Izzy can tell you all about them" Alec smirks suggestively, "She's got a thing"

"We've all got our things, don't we?"

"I can't listen to this anymore" I groan, "Simon's been kidnapped by vampires and you're joking about Izzy's sex life with a pixie, nixie, fairy, whatever the fuck it is. What?" I ask when they all look at me shocked, "It's not hard to grasp the connotations."

"You know what? I'll take care of it myself if you're not going to take this seriously" Clary huffs, walking away from the table

"You're gonna get yourself killed" Jace says, but I continue walking, "Clary. Simon, too"

She turns back around, "Fine, then help me instead of joking around like teenagers"

"She's right" I speak, "The longer we sit around discussing other options, the longer Simon suffers. Is that something Shadowhunters understand or am I being too mundane?"

"They're right" Jace agrees, leaning forwards. Alec and Izzy exchange looks before leaning forward also, "They made the first move. We're gonna take care of this ourselves, right now"

"This is a bad idea. I-" Alec begins but I cut him off

"You know what, Negative Nancy? Shut up for a second" I roll my eyes and Alec rolls his back

"Have you got a better one, Alec?" Jace suggests, "Look, the vamps broke the Accords. They kidnapped a mundie, that's a big no-no. The Clave will give us a lecture and then they'll be glad we did it. Come on."

"Hard to argue with that" Izzy concurs

"Even if we went ahead, I don't see how we get out of here without having to explain where we're going" Alec informs, "We need weapons, and we can't let anyone see us get them"