Chapter 18

Sophie's pov
I needed to show confidence today as both me and jug were going on a hunger strike, to protest the closing of southside high and the opening of a prison instead, I decided to wear a strappy black crop top with ripped skinny jeans, my vans and a small bag, I packed some essentials as after school I was supposed to be meeting toni at the wyrm to go to hers for the night.

As I walked through the always I spotted reggie but he was talking to I think it was Veronica, everybody stood and watched as reggie taunted her and suddenly she swung at him making him fall to the ground, God it looked like it hurt badly I lightl...

As I walked through the always I spotted reggie but he was talking to I think it was Veronica, everybody stood and watched as reggie taunted her and suddenly she swung at him making him fall to the ground, God it looked like it hurt badly I lightly laughed as he was finally getting what he deserved.

I was at the whyte wyrm waiting for toni to be ready to, we watched fangs and sweets play each other many times at pool, sweet pea won them all so fangs eventually gave up. We were sat around the bar just talking about random stuff "you ready to go soph?" toni questioned me as she stood up, I finished the rest of my drink "I am now" I said standing up and giving sweets a hug and a quick peck in the lips "text me later on" he said to me with a smile, I nodded in response "bye fangs" I said giving him a quick hug before we walked out of the door.

The ride back was quick, we both jumped off of toni's bike and entered her trailer, she had a trailer to herself "it feels like it's been ages since we cached up last" she said falling down onto the sofa "I know right it's been way too long" we spent ages just talking, this girl was honestly like a sister to me.

"I honestly can't believe your trying out for the vixen's, I didn't think it was your style" I said laughing "yeah I don't know how or why it's happening but I'm somewhat okay with it" she said smiling "you will have to let me know how things go afterwards".

After a bit of us watching random things she turned to me and just said "I think I like someone, like really like" she looked at me nervously "oh my god no way, who is it?" I said way too excited about it "Cheryl blossom" she said with hopeful eyes "I know I don't get along with her but I guess I'm willing to try for you girl" I said smiling "but if she hurts you I won't hesitate to punch the shit out of her" I continued with a big smirk on my face "I know you wouldn't and that's why I love you girl". We spent a few more hours just talking and then we fell asleep just to wake up early for another shitty day at school.

Toni got in to the vixen's she was so happy, she was going for a sleepover with a few other vixen's at Cheryl's so I just told her to text me if anything happens.

It was the next day I put on just a random top with leggings, my vans and a bag and headed off to school, sweet pea gave me a lift seen as my bike still wasnt repaired.

When we got in jug had called a meeting with the serpents, so me and sweets headed to it "this isn't a demolition notice this is a notice of extermination" jug said "we already said our goodbyes to southside jughead" toni said "today its southside...

When we got in jug had called a meeting with the serpents, so me and sweets headed to it "this isn't a demolition notice this is a notice of extermination" jug said "we already said our goodbyes to southside jughead" toni said "today its southside high, tomorrow its the wyrm, everything that makes the southside home" he paused then continued "its going to disappear. If we roll over now it's all over" he said getting angry "it's just a building jug" toni said rolling her eyes, I leaned back in my chair and folded my arms wondering where this was going "the Uktena fought and died trying to protect that land, our parents, fought to keep it safe during the riots, now its our turn, it's our time, this is our fight, so who is with me, who is ready to do to war" jug said I stood up next to my brother I reminded the serpents of the rule that no serpent stands alone then everybody joined as we listened to my brothers crazy plan.

Later that night
I had quickly gone home to get my serpent jacket as it would be freezing out, I had one of sweets flannels on to keep me warm.

We all chained ourselves to the school, jug avoided putting a chain round my broken wrist as I needed that out, the metal felt cold as it touched my skin "I have faith in us guys, we can do this" jug said as he finished chaining himself, I stood right next to sweets and we just talked for a bit about anything trying to make the time pass.

Andrews rode over to us on his bike and quickly got off as he made his way to jug "well, well, well cavalry is finally here" jug said "guess that means we got Hiram's attention" jug said giving Archie a look of disgust. "you nuts? Chaining yourself to this place, they are going to tear this place apart in 2 days" the red head said "not unless Hiram wants the blood of 9 young serpents on his hands, we're not going anywhere, go tell your boss who said that" jug said as Andrews shot off on his bike.

It was the next morning and the weather was horrible, we were still chained to the building and everything hurt from being on the uncomfortable ground all night, thankfully sweets let me use his lap as a pillow I didn't get any sleep though, I was freezing all night.

The whole day was boring, I was sat/stood in between fangs and sweets for the whole of, trying to use fangs as a foot rest and sweets as a head rest, fangs tried to protest it but eventually gave in. Everybody had left to go get food and warm up, sweets tried to convince me to come with but I didn't want to, I was still on a food strike and so was jug so we just stayed, sweets wasn't happy about it but I eventually got him to leave.

Our dad walked over to us with a bag in his hand "last two left? What happened to no serpent left behind" he said "they were claiming frostbite, they will be back after some coffee and food" jug said obviously drained from energy "too bad I got a dozen burgers, guess they are for you both now" dad said throwing them over, jug sighed and I just shook my head "come on it's just the three of us, I'm not going to tell anybody you both broke your hunger strike" dad said as he sat next to us. Jug caved and ended up eating all the burgers, he kept offering me some but I refused, I really wasn't hungry, I just wanted to sleep, I felt so drained, jug had eaten right before our hunger strike but I hadn't eaten since the day before so it was taking a toll on me even worse but I wasn't going to cave in, I couldn't.

Dad was telling us about the fact that Hiram called him, he was telling us everything that happened and everything he said was going to happen.

Today was the day, the building was supposed to go down today, I didn't sleep again last night so I barely had the energy to stand up, sweets got some sleep but fangs didn't, I told him with trust that he would have to help me stay here till the very end, I made him promise that if I needed him he would do everything to make sure I didn't get unchained until absolutely necessary, I knew that if sweets found out about how weak I was he would make me leave and I wasn't going to do that, not after all this fighting.

I was stood up barely, fangs was helping stand upright, whilst sweets was talking to jug, I honestly felt like collapsing.

People crowded round trying to help save the school, me and fangs both noticed some bulldogs walking towards us, I pointed it out to sweets then he told jug, I could tell this would be our final stand. Dad tried threatening Andrews but jug pulled him away, scared that he could be thrown away in jail.

"I'm sorry, Jughead" Andrews said, jug just looked at him in disappointment, their friendship was over "me too" he replied quietly "I'm not going to fight you Archie, look around, may have taken a couple days but now people know what Hiram is doing, what's happening here" he said before pausing "this fight is not going to go away, we're not going to go away, so go on, cut us down, I want them to see you do it" jug said as he raised his arms and with that Andrews cut the chains, the rest of the bulldogs went round cutting all of ours the crowed began booing at them, they hated the fact that Hiram was getting away with this.

We all were free, fangs clung on to me tightly trying to keep me up right as we walked through the crowd to the bikes, I could feel myself tripping over my feet, once we left the crowd fangs stopped me "right it's over now, you can barely walk, you need food and sleep" he said gripping my shoulders "what's going on here?" sweets asked whilst walking over "dude, she isn't doing too great, she can barely walk and she looks like she is going to pass out" fangs said holding me firmly "babe, look at me, we're going to go to pops and your having something to eat" he said, my vision started to become spotted as I fell to the ground "soph!" sweet pea yelled as he caught me just before I landed "FP, JUGHEAD!! WE NEED YOU" I heard fangs call and with that my vision went fully dark, I couldn't see anything nor could I feel anything, it was just darkness.